Freddy Rules and why.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rik Van Diesel, May 17, 2004.

  1. He didn't sit on Petacchi's wheel, wait for him to jump, and then get
    second or worse. He saw the line and went. A very nice piece of
    sprinting.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > He didn't sit on Petacchi's wheel, wait for him to jump, and then get
    > second or worse. He saw the line and went. A very nice piece of
    > sprinting.

    I guess he hadn't read here that he was nothing but an old washed up Fred.

  3. [email protected] (Rik Van Diesel) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > He didn't sit on Petacchi's wheel, wait for him to jump, and then get
    > second or worse. He saw the line and went. A very nice piece of
    > sprinting.

    I have to agree. Its funny to hear Phil and Paul talk about the riders
    "queueing up on Pechacchi's wheel." When I heard that I think, yeah, queueing
    up to get second. Don't get me wrong, you need to be in the train, but if
    you're sitting on Petacchi's wheel waiting for him to start his sprint,
    you've most likely already lost. Coming from a few wheels back also let Fred
    get his speed up a bit before he actually hit the front, catching the front
    runners by suprise.

    Nice job Freddy.

  4. Guess the memo about "all sprint finishes go to Petacchi" didn't get
    translated into English!

    Go Fred!

    Regards,

    Joe