FredRod 2nd in a 1.3

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ken Papai, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    Tags:

  2. "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8lZ%[email protected]...
    > This should be the start of an excellent 2003 for Mr. Rodriguez!

    Please do not post results in the header. The only thing breach of netiquitte that is nearly as bad
    is posting for sale ads and even that is not nearly as bad as this.

  3. "William Belaforous Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8lZ%[email protected]...
    > > This should be the start of an excellent 2003 for Mr. Rodriguez!
    >

    > Please do not post results in the header. The only thing breach of netiquitte that is nearly as
    > bad is posting for sale ads and even that is not nearly as bad as this.

    But... This is "supposed" to be a racing forum isn't it? This post was actually about a race. And
    the results from it. So what is wrong with that? Just curious. Thanks. And Fred is cool.

    Tom

  4. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]@posting.google.com...
    > "William Belaforous Kelly" <[email protected]>...
    > > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc53...

    > > > This should be the start of an excellent 2003 for Mr. Rodriguez!
    > >

    > > Please do not post results in the header. The only thing breach of
    netiquitte
    > > that is nearly as bad is posting for sale ads and even that is not
    nearly as
    > > bad as this.
    >
    > But... This is "supposed" to be a racing forum isn't it? This post was actually about a race. And
    > the results from it. So what is wrong with that? Just curious. Thanks. And Fred is cool.

    Kelly is being sarcastic is all.

  5. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    It might not matter with this race in particular but...

    When it comes to major televised races, some folks watch them on tape delay and don't want to see the results on a message board header in advance.

  6. easyrider <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It might not matter with this race in particular but...
    >
    > When it comes to major televised races, some folks watch them on tape delay and don't want to see
    > the results on a message board header in advance.

    I hear ya barking now. Just wondering is all.

    Tom

  7. This is in the FAQ, isn't it? :)

    If you don't want to know the news, don't read the newsgroup.

    Dan

    Tom Arsenault wrote:
    > easyrider <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>It might not matter with this race in particular but...
    >>
    >>When it comes to major televised races, some folks watch them on tape delay and don't want to see
    >>the results on a message board header in advance.
    >

    > I hear ya barking now. Just wondering is all.
    >
    > Tom

  8. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "easyrider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It might not matter with this race in particular but...
    >
    > When it comes to major televised races, some folks watch them on tape delay and don't want to see
    > the results on a message board header in advance.

    Sure.......

    "FredRod 2nd in a 1.3" REALLY gives it away, boffo major mistake on pappy's part.

    Sorry. I have wronged so few and anonymous as you!

    -Ken

  9. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    No need to get all defensive.

    You seemed to want to know why it is sometimes a no-no to put results in thread headings. I gave a simple answer. On some message boards it is considered to be impolite to do this. That is not a hard and fast rule on every message board though.

    I think that the original response to your post, claiming that it is worse than advertising, was a little over-done, but my explanation was not any great attack on you.

  10. easyrider wrote:

    > No need to get all defensive.
    >
    > You seemed to want to know why it is sometimes a no-no to put results in thread headings. I gave a
    > simple answer. On some message boards it is considered to be impolite to do this. That is not a
    > hard and fast rule on every message board though.

    yeah ken papai, when, oh when will you learn?

    i sense someone laughing his skinny ass off in sd.

    > I think that the original response to your post, claiming that it is worse than advertising, was a
    > little over-done, but my explanation was not any great attack on you.

    easyrider may want to spend some time reading one of many past threads. for example- http://groups.-
    google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=9f20c99062db93ac&seekm=9hcmvu%243v0%241%40suaar-
    1ab.prod.compuserve.com#s

  11. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "heather halvorson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > easyrider wrote:
    > >
    > > No need to get all defensive.
    > >
    > > You seemed to want to know why it is sometimes a no-no to put results in thread headings. I gave
    > > a simple answer. On some message boards it is considered to be impolite to do this. That is not
    > > a hard and fast rule on every message board though.
    >
    > yeah ken papai, when, oh when will you learn?
    >
    > i sense someone laughing his skinny ass off in sd.
    >

    > > I think that the original response to your post, claiming that it is worse than advertising, was
    > > a little over-done, but my explanation was not any great attack on you.
    >
    > easyrider may want to spend some time reading one of many past threads. for example-

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=9f20c99062
    db93ac&seekm=9hcmvu%243v0%241%40suaar1ab.prod.compuserve.com#s

    Goddam that was a good thread.

    Whatever happened to Brad Anders?