FREE Bike Ads That Work!!

Cycle America

Guest
If you want to return to the simplicity of good old fashioned classified
ads that don't involve the lead time of auctions, the bother of
passwords, fees and/or the complexity of the EBay middle man, do help
us get our National Bicycle Greenway bicycle ads re-seeded.

As our recumbent friends have learned over the last 10 years they have
been using them, our ads SELL bikes. Here are a few testimonials:

I am a regular reader and have found two of the five recumbents I now
own on this site - TA

I read your ads every night - DF

I love your ads; I tell everyone about them. I've done thousands of
dollars worth of biz on here - KC

Feel free to place bikes, parts and rides at our site:
http://www.bikeroute.com/ibrd_cgi/Classifieds/class_ad.cgi

Note: With the help of a small force of volunteer spam cops, we are once
again opening up all of our bike categories. This after a brutal
onslaught of garbage ads that nearly ended this long running free
service. If you want to run a photo with your ad, send a note to
nbgATbikerouteDOTcom. The fee for picture ads is normally $20 but for a
limited time we are offering them for $10...

--
54% of New York City households do not own cars

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
Can You Change it with Love?
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

Sorry, but I think Craigslist is the best place for bike ads because
it's local. I'd rather post on something called "tcbikeads.com" for the
Twin Cities and see only local results.

if your site is so great, why do you feel the need to post in this forum?
------------
Alex

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>Sorry, but I think Craigslist is the best place for bike ads because
>it's local. I'd rather post on something called "tcbikeads.com" for the
>Twin Cities and see only local results.

NYC CL only has mostly overpriced ****. The mentality is that if the bike
works, then it is worth $150. It makes no difference that the bike was
bought new for half the price, they still want $150.
------------------
Alex

"Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>>

>>Sorry, but I think Craigslist is the best place for bike ads because
>>it's local. I'd rather post on something called "tcbikeads.com" for the
>>Twin Cities and see only local results.

> NYC CL only has mostly overpriced ****. The mentality is that if the bike
> works, then it is worth $150. It makes no difference that the bike was
> bought new for half the price, they still want $150.
> ------------------

I've gotten some excellent deals off of Craigslist here in the SF Bay area.

Don Freeman wrote:
> "Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > [email protected] says...
> >>

> >>Sorry, but I think Craigslist is the best place for bike ads because
> >>it's local. I'd rather post on something called "tcbikeads.com" for the
> >>Twin Cities and see only local results.

> > NYC CL only has mostly overpriced ****. The mentality is that if the bike
> > works, then it is worth $150. It makes no difference that the bike was
> > bought new for half the price, they still want $150.

> I've gotten some excellent deals off of Craigslist here in the SF Bay area.

The bay area CL is MUCH better for bike stuff than any other city.

Pretty much everywhere else it sucks. The saving grace is that the
layout is simple and loads fast so you can scan a few days worth of ads
in a few seconds.