free coaster

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Sep 16, 2004.

  1. does anyone know of a product (kit) available to change a coaster
    brake hub to a free wheel hub? my 4 year old son has a 12in. bicycle
    he wants to use as a pit bike at the bmx park. i want hand brakes in
    case he attempts to jump it an inadvertantly stomps on the peddles and
    stops the bike.

    thanks in advance

    Tags:

  2. Depending on the manufacturer of the coaster brake. Its probably either a
    bendix or maybe shimano. The freecoaster conversion kits come up on ebay
    quite often.
    I used one back in my bmx days to convert a set o skyway mags.

    news:[email protected]