Free Food!

Bryan

New Member
May 1, 2003
Whilst waiting at yet another set of red lights this morning in Victoria when a man carrying a tray of bread rolls adn asked me if I had heard about the free cyclists breakfast, and was I interested. Well in under any other circumstnaces I would jump at teh chance of free food, but with anither 198 miles to go before I got to work, I couldn't quite justify the time unfortunataly.

Still good to see that there seems to be some encouragement in getting people to cyle to work.

Bryan

198 miles one way to work! Iam knacked after 10 and that's on the flat. What bike do you ride? whatever it is, I'm getting one.
My local authority runs a couple of mornings a year where cyclists get a free breakfast when they get to work in the city centre. They have a general cycle in, encouraging people to join the route.

"Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Whilst waiting at yet another set of red lights this morning in Victoria when a man carrying a
> tray of bread rolls adn asked me if I had heard about the free cyclists breakfast, and was I
> interested. Well in under any other circumstnaces I would jump at teh chance of free food, but
> with anither 198 miles to go before I got to work, I couldn't quite

You definitely need all the food you can get. 198 miles left to go!!!! Hjalmar

"Skunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> 198 miles one way to work! Iam knacked after 10 and that's on the flat. What bike do you ride?
> whatever it is, I'm getting one. My local authority runs a couple of mornings a year where
> cyclists get a free breakfast when they get to work in the city centre. They have a general cycle
> in, encouraging people to join the route.

I think that the info from the OP is probably referring to some new tax rulings that Brown (guy who
lives next door to Bliar) has introduced where firms can provide breakfasts to cycle-to-work
employees and deduct the costs against tax (rather than it being taxed as a benefit in kind)

RG