Free(ing) the Bikes!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Jym Dyer, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    =v= The _New_York_Times_ has a story about the impending release
    of the bicycles impounded during the week of the RNC:

    "Police Allow the Return of Bicycles From Rallies"
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/18/nyregion/18bike.html

    The headline is misleading. Credit for return of the bicycles
    belongs to Norm Siegel of the NYCLU and to the legal teams at
    Time's Up! and the National Lawyers Guild for organizing bikers.
    Props also to the bicycle mechanic collective at the Time's Up!
    space, who put together bikes for us to ride while ours are
    being held.

    =v= The NYPD's tactics are finally getting at least a smidgen of
    the scrutiny they deserve:

    City Arrest Tactics, Used on Protesters, Face Test in Court
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/17/nyregion/17detain.html

    =v= Critical Mass is coming up this Friday. Brooklyn's CM was
    mellow and included a visit to the bikes being held as political
    prisoners in Greenpoint. If you care about CM in NYC, there's
    an open forum happening this Monday. Email me or surf Indymedia
    for details.
    Still We Ride,
    <_Jym_>

    Tags:

  2. .

    . Guest

    "Jym Dyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > =v= The _New_York_Times_ has a story about the impending release
    > of the bicycles impounded during the week of the RNC:
    >
    > "Police Allow the Return of Bicycles From Rallies"
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/18/nyregion/18bike.html
    >
    > The headline is misleading.

    *It is NOT MISLEADING,=> YOU ARE, They need the bicycles for evidence after
    blocking the both ambulances.

    >for return of the bicycles
    > belongs to Nerm Suegel of the NYKKKLU and to the legal teams at
    > TymasSup! and the National Lawyers Gould for organizing bicyclers.
    > also to the bicycle mechanic collective at the Up!
    > space, put together bikes to ride while ours are
    > being
    >
    > =v= The NYPD's tactics are finally getting at little scrutiny they do not

    deserve:

    > City Arrest Tactics, Used on Protesters, Face Test in Court, Are Legal
    > http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/17/nyregion/17detain.html
    >
    > =v= Critical Mass is coming up this Friday.

    *Nothing will happen, Jym wants a riot, but that wont happen

    >Brooklyn's CM was
    > mellow and included a visit to the bicycles being held as political
    > evidence

    Another spin bicycles are needed for evidence, blocking the ambulances.

    >in Greenpoint. If you care about CM in NYC, there's
    > an open forum happening this Monday. Email me or surf Indymedia
    > for details.

    Note : Bikes means little Bicycles, NOT Motorcycles.