Free iPods...Proven Method!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Benjahmin, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Benjahmin

    Benjahmin Guest

    Ok so here's the deal.

    http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=28842487

    1. Click on the link above or at the bottom.

    2. Register (Use an email that already gets spam for obvious reasons. I
    also wouldn't recommend giving a cell phone # as your phone # for more
    obvious reasons.)

    3. Complete one of the offers. This is easy. I signed up for one of the
    credit cards and after I make a purchase with the card, I'm done. Piece
    of cake and it doesn't really cost me anything since I'm not buying
    something I don't want. Other offers include magazine subscriptions,
    BMG, Gourmet Coffee, and Rhapsody Music Service (which is great but I
    already have it).

    4. Get 5 people to sign up and try one of the offers like I'm doing
    right now. The website provides you with the referral link. Once 5 of
    the people you referred completes an offer and you complete your offer,
    you get the iPod (30 gb video or nano). Pretty sweet.

    To clarify, I hate scams which is why I just told you everything you
    need to know up front. But this isn't a scam. It was really easy and
    one of my friends already got his iPod so it's a proven method!

    http://ipods.freepay.com/?r=28842487

    Enjoy!
    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

  3. Vanguard

    Vanguard Guest

    "Benjahmin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ok so here's the deal.

    <snip - bunch of spam crap using affiliate URL>

    freepay-dot-com traces back to rackspace-dot-com which is operated by Gratis
    Network (also using freeipods-dot-com). Domain registrant for
    freepay-dot-com is Gratis.

    You are spamming the newsgroups trying to accumulate dupes that get suckered
    into the pyramid marketing scam from Gratis Network who, by the way,
    prohibits spamming to acquire your points (read their terms of service).
    Oooooh, like we are not suppose to recognize the affiliate parameter in your
    URL.

    Next time, bozo, read the terms & conditions for Gratis Network
    (http://www.freeipods.com/Terms.aspx, section V.1.g). You are NOT allowed
    to spam your way to your own freebie! Hopefully Gratis kills your account
    and you lose all the points that you have accumulated so far, if any.

    Spam reported to:
    [email protected] (Gratis Network)
    [email protected] (spammer's ISP)

  4. Benjahmin

    Benjahmin Guest

    I could have easily done the whole tinyurl thing to hide the domain,
    but I'm not hiding anything here. It's technically not even a pyramid
    scheme since there are ways to do the offers without spending money as
    I mentioned, so no one gets stuck holding the bill. The income comes
    from advertising, commissions, and selling your email to spammers (like
    you didn't know). In that sense, it's sustainable. I found this link
    that sums up everything that's been in the news about this. It's not
    all good news, they warn against schemes like this rightfully so
    especially when the offers involve buying something, but the bottom
    line in every article is that you do get the free iPod or whatever in
    the end if you get the referrals.

    http://referralaccelerated.com/proof.php

    About this being spam, it's not. I'm not asking people to buy something
    they don't want, I'm being completely up front, and it's not
    unsolicited since this is Usenet- not your personal inbox. I think I
    covered everything you were bytching about so what exactly is your
    problem?

  5. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Benjahmin wrote:

    You are breaking the rules of the website even if you weren't breaking
    the rules of this group and general rules of usenet, which you'll
    probably find you are anyway as you are posting to make gains. You are
    annoying patrons of this group, which is against the rules of that
    website. Now, You've actually been handled pretty much with kid gloves
    so far. Piss off.

    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look

  6. Bill Funk

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 24 Mar 2006 14:14:08 -0800, "Benjahmin" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I could have easily done the whole tinyurl thing to hide the domain,
    >but I'm not hiding anything here. It's technically not even a pyramid
    >scheme since there are ways to do the offers without spending money as
    >I mentioned, so no one gets stuck holding the bill.

    Technically, you're right.
    But this requires ever more people, as those who are told about it
    decide to not take part, leaving an ever-declining number of people to
    take part. those who come in later have the same problems victims of
    true pyramid schemes have: fewer people to enlist in order to get the
    promised payoff.
    There's another problem, too; just because the requirements are made
    known doesn't make them any more palatable. I value my friencds far
    more than to expose them to this sort of scheme; you and I both know
    they will be subject to an inordinate amount of junk (e)mail. Why
    would you wish that on someone? And don't even think about denying
    this; you even mention it:
    "The income comes from advertising, commissions, and selling your
    email to spammers (like you didn't know)."
    Is this really how you want to be known? As a person who dangles a
    bauble (that is increasingly difficult to actually get) while you
    *know* they will become targets of the lowlife scum you mention above?

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

  7. Kris Baker

    Kris Baker Guest

    "Bill Funk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 24 Mar 2006 14:14:08 -0800, "Benjahmin" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I could have easily done the whole tinyurl thing to hide the domain,
    >>but I'm not hiding anything here. It's technically not even a pyramid
    >>scheme since there are ways to do the offers without spending money as
    >>I mentioned, so no one gets stuck holding the bill.

    > Technically, you're right.
    > But this requires ever more people, as those who are told about it
    > decide to not take part, leaving an ever-declining number of people to
    > take part. those who come in later have the same problems victims of
    > true pyramid schemes have: fewer people to enlist in order to get the
    > promised payoff.
    > There's another problem, too; just because the requirements are made
    > known doesn't make them any more palatable. I value my friencds far
    > more than to expose them to this sort of scheme; you and I both know
    > they will be subject to an inordinate amount of junk (e)mail. Why
    > would you wish that on someone? And don't even think about denying
    > this; you even mention it:
    > "The income comes from advertising, commissions, and selling your
    > email to spammers (like you didn't know)."
    > Is this really how you want to be known? As a person who dangles a
    > bauble (that is increasingly difficult to actually get) while you
    > *know* they will become targets of the lowlife scum you mention above?
    >
    > --
    > Bill Funk
    > replace "g" with "a"

    Applause!

    These are scams. They appeal only to gullible, unsophisticated
    adults or small children/young teens.

    Kris

  8. JTS Brown

    JTS Brown Guest

    Up yours, catamite.

  9. Vanguard

    Vanguard Guest

    "Benjahmin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I could have easily done the whole tinyurl thing to hide the domain,

    That won't hide the domain. I would have also sent an abuse report to
    TinyURL since they don't abide the use of their services to spam,
    either.

    > It's technically not even a pyramid scheme

    Yes, all scammers using a pyramid scheme will declare that it is not a
    pyramid scheme. You haven't thoroughly read or cogitated how the scheme
    works. I didn't say it was illegal. It is legal but it is still a
    pyramid scheme.

    > since there are ways to do the offers without spending money

    Wrong. At some point, one of the dupes at some level in the pyramid
    hierarchy must spend money or some other valuable resource.

    > I mentioned, so no one gets stuck holding the bill.

    No. The reason you are abusing the community is so that YOU don't have
    to pay the bill.

    > The income comes from advertising,

    Advertising doesn't survive unless there is more revenue than there are
    expenses. Advertisers don't continue advertising at a site if they
    never generate revenue.

    > commissions,

    Explain how commissions are *paid* if no money or other valuable
    resource is involved?

    > and selling your email to spammers (like you didn't know).

    Oh, and you mentioned that fact in your post? Obviously you didn't
    because that would turn every reader off from reading the rest of your
    post or of ever visiting the URL link. The URL link includes your
    affiliate account number. If you were as altruistic as you claim to be,
    you would not have included your affiliate number but instead just
    provided a URL to the site's home page.

    > In that sense, it's sustainable.

    As long as you can sucker in enough dupes to support the pyramid scheme
    long enough to provide enough hierarchy so you can garner enough points
    to use the dupes in getting your iPod. Then you're out and the dupes at
    the bottom layers lose.

    > I found this link that sums up everything that's been in the news
    > about this.

    A Google search will find many more, and far more damning than the one
    you provided. Gee, I wonder why you didn't provide the pros AND CONS in
    your oh-so-wonderfully explanative original post.

    It's not
    > all good news, they warn against schemes like this rightfully so
    > especially when the offers involve buying something, but the bottom
    > line in every article is that you do get the free iPod or whatever in
    > the end if you get the referrals.
    >
    > http://referralaccelerated.com/proof.php
    >
    > About this being spam, it's not. I'm not asking people to buy
    > something
    > they don't want, I'm being completely up front, and it's not
    > unsolicited since this is Usenet- not your personal inbox. I think I
    > covered everything you were bytching about so what exactly is your
    > problem?

    - You cross-posted to multiple UNRELATED newsgroups.
    - You duplicated your post by multi-posting the same message to
    deliberately disconnect them (so replies to each are hidden from view to
    visitors in other the other groups to which you multi-posted), the same
    technique used by spammers and malcontents.
    - While you managed to remain under the BI (Briedbardt Index) to score a
    [suite of similar] posts for spam based on EMP (excessive multi-posting)
    or ECP (excessive cross-posting), this is not the only measure of what
    is deemed spam in Usenet.
    - You posted in groups where *advertisements* are not allowed.
    - You violated the terms already mentioned regarding Gratis' policy.
    - Your are promoting a pyramid scheme regardless of your attempt to
    claim otherwise.
    - The advertising at Gratis cannot be sustained without SOME monies
    coming in to the advertisers to qualify their continued contract to
    advertise with Gratis.
    - Commissions don't exist with some money getting transferred. That
    Gratis is running a pyramid scheme does not make it illegal. I didn't
    mention legality of their pyramid scheme, but it is still a pyramid
    scheme.
    - Stop confusing the criteria used to define e-mail spam with the
    criteria used to define Usenet spam. They are two distinctly different
    communication venues.
    - Advertising doesn't require that you post an ad for a product or
    service. Advertising for your own profit is also advertising.
    - You weren't helping the community or asking for help from the
    community. You were advertising.
    - While most of us don't want moderation (i.e., censorship), there are
    times when it can be useful. You KNOW that your self-serving post
    would've never appeared if submitted to a moderated newsgroup.

    Have a read at ftp://ftp.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/advertising/how-to/part1
    (notice point #1 under "How *not* to advertise on Usenet"). Also at
    http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocenter/articles/usenet_advertising.asp.

    I'm not saying the scheme doesn't work. I'm not saying it is illegal.
    I'm not even saying that it necessarily a bad scheme provided the dupe,
    er, participant understands fully into what they are getting - but then
    the scheme is pandering to rocket scientists. The scheme isn't a true
    pyramid but then most folks don't see a 2-layer hierarchy as a pyramid.
    The scheme flattens out quite fast. See
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_Internet. Also, whether you want to
    argue regarding the merits or detriments of the scheme used by Gratis,
    it is YOUR OFF-TOPIC POST CROSS-POSTED TO MULTIPLE *UNRELATED* GROUPS
    that has generated the complaints regarding it.

  10. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Vanguard" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Benjahmin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Ok so here's the deal.

    > <snip - bunch of spam crap using affiliate URL>
    >
    > freepay-dot-com traces back to rackspace-dot-com which is operated by Gratis
    > Network (also using freeipods-dot-com). Domain registrant for
    > freepay-dot-com is Gratis.
    >
    > You are spamming the newsgroups trying to accumulate dupes that get suckered
    > into the pyramid marketing scam from Gratis Network who, by the way,
    > prohibits spamming to acquire your points (read their terms of service).
    > Oooooh, like we are not suppose to recognize the affiliate parameter in your
    > URL.
    >
    > Next time, bozo, read the terms & conditions for Gratis Network
    > (http://www.freeipods.com/Terms.aspx, section V.1.g). You are NOT allowed
    > to spam your way to your own freebie! Hopefully Gratis kills your account
    > and you lose all the points that you have accumulated so far, if any.
    >
    > Spam reported to:
    > [email protected] (Gratis Network)
    > [email protected] (spammer's ISP)

    That's bullshit. Gratis exists through spamming. Saying they don't
    approve of spamming is just a facade to make their sleazy colo Rackspace
    pretend that everything is OK.

    Gratis is being sued by NY Attorney General Eliot Spitzer for selling
    personal data despite promising users that they don't. Expect many more
    lawsuits to follow. People who signed up have their personal data in
    the hands of criminals and spammers and they're not going to get their
    iPod either. Gratis execs have probably already fled the country with
    everything they can get their hands on.

  11. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    JTS Brown wrote:

    > Up yours, catamite.

    ooooh! Who swallowed the dictionary then? :O)

    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

  12. Fred Hall

    Fred Hall Guest

    On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:07:43 GMT, Paul Heslop
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Benjahmin wrote:
    >>

    >You are breaking the rules of the website even if you weren't breaking
    >the rules of this group and general rules of usenet, which you'll
    >probably find you are anyway as you are posting to make gains. You are
    >annoying patrons of this group, which is against the rules of that
    >website. Now, You've actually been handled pretty much with kid gloves
    >so far. Piss off.

    Still whining, Paul?

    --

    Rhusty Khunt Hall of Fame

    http://www.insurgent.org/~kevin/rustyfax/
    http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/dink/index2.html

  13. Paul Heslop

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Fred Hall wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:07:43 GMT, Paul Heslop
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Benjahmin wrote:
    > >>

    > >You are breaking the rules of the website even if you weren't breaking
    > >the rules of this group and general rules of usenet, which you'll
    > >probably find you are anyway as you are posting to make gains. You are
    > >annoying patrons of this group, which is against the rules of that
    > >website. Now, You've actually been handled pretty much with kid gloves
    > >so far. Piss off.

    > Still whining, Paul?
    >
    > --

    Why is it whining? the guy is a dickhead among many dickheads. But
    then you're probably one of those people who thinks an objection or
    argument is something that comes from HIM but a whine is something
    that comes from others.

    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

  14. CWI

    CWI Guest

    "Vanguard"
    > freepay-dot-com traces back to rackspace-dot-com which is operated by
    > Gratis
    > Network (also using freeipods-dot-com). Domain registrant for
    > freepay-dot-com is Gratis.

    For more on rackspace, try googling on
    rackspace jihad .
    I have reported this thing, and I don't mean to Google Groups or to
    rackspace.