Free iPods

mtranter

Jun 18, 2003
I'm a skeptical person by nature, so when I saw this website I thought rubbish and something that comes out a a bulls behind. The only thing that persuaded me to sign up was the news article on the BBC website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3683524.stm

Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=16485482

I realise that some people on this forum may be against me posting this on here, so if you do, instead of reporting me, just e-mail me and I will instantly edit it (or delete it if I can).

I think most, or at least a good number of offers, actually have iPods or the promise of something similar at the end of the rainbow, but it's an extraordinarily long and messy rainbow. I read an interesting article in the San Francisco Chronicle (link HERE), which drills down into some of these offers and describes them in some depth.

Seems there are several classes of offer: the basic near-scam, which in all likelihood will give you a free iPod after you subject yourself to a torrent of marketing, and in some cases, end up signing up for stuff which will cost you.

There are truly legitimate offers from big companies: CitiBank, here in the States, was offering iPods with new checking accounts.

Then there are the sort of quasi-pyramid offers, like this one, which seem to work if you don't mind "naming names," signing up your most tolerant friends and what not.

In all cases, the fine print reveals the reward itself can be shrouded in caveats (free iPod or something of similar value, or possible refurbished, etc), and possibly after some delay. Whether in money, time, or sanity, it will cost you: basic rule of life. Do your homework, and use your instincts. With a little caution and a little patience, it could work. Personally, I just steal my fiance's iPod when she's not looking.

:)

Like your thinking!!!

I know what your saying, and the only thing that makes be believe in it is the BBC news article.

mtranter said:
Like your thinking!!!

I know what your saying, and the only thing that makes be believe in it is the BBC news article.
Well, it's definitely possible--it's just a matter of finding a website, company, or offer which presents the fewest, least risky and least painful hoops to jump through.

Let us know how it turns out, and good luck!

Personally... I'd rather just buy one than wade through the BS that would inevitably be involved with getting a "free" one. :eek:

meehs said:
Personally... I'd rather just buy one than wade through the BS that would inevitably be involved with getting a "free" one. :eek:

Absolutely. I agree. Trying to protect myself from the torrent of marketing that tries to come to me already as it is. :D

"You get nothing for nothing and nothing is [never?ever] free" Rainbow not sure which recording anymore.

I use to register to win free stuff.

Wife got annoyed due to the sales calls this generated.