Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

"notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> On 2006-04-05, [email protected] <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
>> Buy One dozen, Get One dozen Free
>> http://www.californiafreebies.com/krispy-kreme-free-doughnuts.htm

> YOu couldn't give me the 1st dozen, free! :p
>
> nb

There has been a huge, huge building(s) near a Walmart Superstore/Home
Depot/Lowe's in the nearest town where I shop. It has taken them at least a
year or more to build this building(s). We couldn't figure out what it was
until they built some entrances to the car wash stations. We've not seen a
name on it before as to what it even was. But Monday as we drove by,there
was a big sign on one of the windows that said "KRISPY-KREME" "We're OPEN."
It really struck me funny. I guess it is for the car wash patrons while
their car goes thru without them? Who knows. But the business didn't have
any lights on.
Dee Dee

I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
section at the grocery store.

Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.

But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
relief.

news:[email protected]...

texpat wrote:

> I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
> section at the grocery store.
>
> Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
> ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.
>
> But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
> relief.

They are making slow inroads here in Ontario. They built one in Mississauga
about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here but
they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here there
aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a few
hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

"Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> texpat wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen

foods
> > section at the grocery store.
> >
> > Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5

years
> > ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut

company.

> > But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much

to my
> > relief.

> They are making slow inroads here in Ontario. They built one in

Mississauga
> about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here

but
> they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here

there
> aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a

few
> hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

There's a new Tim Horton's and an old Robin's here, but if you lived near a
KK bakery you would have a different opinion of them --they have to be fresh
to be appreciated.

Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

I really like Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and kreme
filling.
I've never had a donut like that anywhere else. The kreme filling is so
great.
Also their cheese cake donut is kind of good.
But their other donuts are nothing special.

Lefty wrote:

> > about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here

> but
> > they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here

> there
> > aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a

> few
> > hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

> There's a new Tim Horton's and an old Robin's here, but if you lived near a
> KK bakery you would have a different opinion of them --they have to be fresh
> to be appreciated.

I have had them fairly fresh, like within 5 hours of baking. I was not
impressed.

A new Tim Hortons? That's almost redundant around here. They open up so many of
them that they are all almost new. I live in a town of 15,000 and we have three
of them. In the city closest to me there are three of them within a half mile
of each other. Robins, on the other hand, has been a drastic failure around
here. Every one of them has closed. That's a shame because they were pretty
good.

> Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.

It must be a matter of taste. I was never a fan of their stuff. Hortons donuts
went downhill when they changed to the par-bake system, but even those are
better IMO than DD.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I really like Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and kreme
> filling.
> I've never had a donut like that anywhere else. The kreme filling is so
> great.
> Also their cheese cake donut is kind of good.
> But their other donuts are nothing special.

Oh Wow!

Another connoisseur of the Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and
kreme filling... and I thought I was all alone.

Alas (at least for the time being) Krispy Kreme's are no longer available in
the Houston area. Doesn't sound like I'll be able to find a replacement and
I've been searching.

Chris in Pearland, TX

> A new Tim Hortons? That's almost redundant around here. They open up so

many of
> them that they are all almost new. I live in a town of 15,000 and we have

three
> of them. In the city closest to me there are three of them within a half

mile
> of each other. Robins, on the other hand, has been a drastic failure

around
> here. Every one of them has closed. That's a shame because they were

pretty
> good.

I like Robin's coffee. There were two Robin's here but one closed when TH
opened nearby. In Fort Frances it was an event --first they opened a Walmart
then a Tim Horton's -- big city stuff :)

There's no donut shop on the American side here -- supermarkets have
bakeries -stuff is OK but it sits on the shelf.

> > Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.

> It must be a matter of taste. I was never a fan of their stuff. Hortons

donuts
> went downhill when they changed to the par-bake system, but even those are
> better IMO than DD.

I think they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I try to avoid
them all as much as I can.

15,000 people? Pretty metroolitan:) When I visited my sister in San Diego I
remarked that there were more cars in a Sam's Club (I think) parking lot
than there are here on both sides of the border.
--

texpat wrote:
> I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
> section at the grocery store.
>
> Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
> ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.
>
> But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
> relief.

Similar story in my area. The Pizza hut places gave up too because our
area is known for good pizza.

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:49:35 GMT, "Lefty" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Kathy in NZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On 5 Apr 2006 08:23:47 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> >Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
>> >Buy One dozen, Get One dozen Free
>> >http://www.californiafreebies.com/krispy-kreme-free-doughnuts.htm
>> >

>> Ill take a dozen. Do you deliver?
>>
>> Kathy in NZ

>How about if I fax you a dozen? :)
>--
>Lefty

Very kind of you Lefty, but it might goo up my workplace fax machine,
so I'll pass. On another note, KFC sent my department at work two big
boxes of desserts (free) this week as a promotion. A box of 24
individual servings of cheesecake and similar box of mousses. It was a
sweet week at work.

Kathy in NZ

"fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tim Horton Donuts are everywhere in Canada. They are a Canadian coffee
> and donut cultural icon. They have recently been listed on the Toronto
> Stock Exchange. (Symbol TMI) They are owned by Wendy's, a U.S. based
> multinational. They have expamnsion plans for the U.S. Watch for them
> soon.

Well, fudge, how do the coffee and donuts compare to Dunkin' Doughnuts - in
your opinion, of course.
Thanks,
Dee Dee