Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. notbob

    notbob Guest

  3. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]
    > On 2006-04-05, [email protected] <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >> Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
    >> Buy One dozen, Get One dozen Free
    >> http://www.californiafreebies.com/krispy-kreme-free-doughnuts.htm

    > YOu couldn't give me the 1st dozen, free! :p
    >
    > nb

    There has been a huge, huge building(s) near a Walmart Superstore/Home
    Depot/Lowe's in the nearest town where I shop. It has taken them at least a
    year or more to build this building(s). We couldn't figure out what it was
    until they built some entrances to the car wash stations. We've not seen a
    name on it before as to what it even was. But Monday as we drove by,there
    was a big sign on one of the windows that said "KRISPY-KREME" "We're OPEN."
    It really struck me funny. I guess it is for the car wash patrons while
    their car goes thru without them? Who knows. But the business didn't have
    any lights on.
    Dee Dee

  4. fudge

    fudge Guest

  5. texpat

    texpat Guest

    I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
    section at the grocery store.

    Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
    ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.

    But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
    relief.

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
    > Buy One dozen, Get One dozen Free
    > http://www.californiafreebies.com/krispy-kreme-free-doughnuts.htm

  6. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    texpat wrote:

    > I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
    > section at the grocery store.
    >
    > Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
    > ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.
    >
    > But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
    > relief.

    They are making slow inroads here in Ontario. They built one in Mississauga
    about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here but
    they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here there
    aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a few
    hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

  7. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > texpat wrote:
    >
    > > I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen

    foods
    > > section at the grocery store.
    > >
    > > Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5

    years
    > > ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut

    company.

    > > But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much

    to my
    > > relief.

    > They are making slow inroads here in Ontario. They built one in

    Mississauga
    > about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here

    but
    > they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here

    there
    > aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a

    few
    > hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

    There's a new Tim Horton's and an old Robin's here, but if you lived near a
    KK bakery you would have a different opinion of them --they have to be fresh
    to be appreciated.

    Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

  8. I really like Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and kreme
    filling.
    I've never had a donut like that anywhere else. The kreme filling is so
    great.
    Also their cheese cake donut is kind of good.
    But their other donuts are nothing special.

  9. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Lefty wrote:

    > > about 5 years ago. Their donuts are available in some grocery stores here

    > but
    > > they seem not to do well. There are really expensive, and around here

    > there
    > > aren't any stores that sell them that don't have a Tim Hortons within a

    > few
    > > hundred yards where you can get good freshly made donuts for a lot less.

    > There's a new Tim Horton's and an old Robin's here, but if you lived near a
    > KK bakery you would have a different opinion of them --they have to be fresh
    > to be appreciated.

    I have had them fairly fresh, like within 5 hours of baking. I was not
    impressed.

    A new Tim Hortons? That's almost redundant around here. They open up so many of
    them that they are all almost new. I live in a town of 15,000 and we have three
    of them. In the city closest to me there are three of them within a half mile
    of each other. Robins, on the other hand, has been a drastic failure around
    here. Every one of them has closed. That's a shame because they were pretty
    good.

    > Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.

    It must be a matter of taste. I was never a fan of their stuff. Hortons donuts
    went downhill when they changed to the par-bake system, but even those are
    better IMO than DD.

  10. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I really like Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and kreme
    > filling.
    > I've never had a donut like that anywhere else. The kreme filling is so
    > great.
    > Also their cheese cake donut is kind of good.
    > But their other donuts are nothing special.

    Oh Wow!

    Another connoisseur of the Krispy Kreme's donut with chocolate glazing and
    kreme filling... and I thought I was all alone.

    Alas (at least for the time being) Krispy Kreme's are no longer available in
    the Houston area. Doesn't sound like I'll be able to find a replacement and
    I've been searching.

    Chris in Pearland, TX

  11. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

  12. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

    > A new Tim Hortons? That's almost redundant around here. They open up so

    many of
    > them that they are all almost new. I live in a town of 15,000 and we have

    three
    > of them. In the city closest to me there are three of them within a half

    mile
    > of each other. Robins, on the other hand, has been a drastic failure

    around
    > here. Every one of them has closed. That's a shame because they were

    pretty
    > good.

    I like Robin's coffee. There were two Robin's here but one closed when TH
    opened nearby. In Fort Frances it was an event --first they opened a Walmart
    then a Tim Horton's -- big city stuff :)

    There's no donut shop on the American side here -- supermarkets have
    bakeries -stuff is OK but it sits on the shelf.

    > > Personally I like Dunkin' Donuts best.

    > It must be a matter of taste. I was never a fan of their stuff. Hortons

    donuts
    > went downhill when they changed to the par-bake system, but even those are
    > better IMO than DD.

    I think they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I try to avoid
    them all as much as I can.

    15,000 people? Pretty metroolitan:) When I visited my sister in San Diego I
    remarked that there were more cars in a Sam's Club (I think) parking lot
    than there are here on both sides of the border.
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

  13. Lefty

    Lefty Guest

  14. George

    George Guest

    texpat wrote:
    > I wouldn't eat one on a bet. I can get the same thing in the frozen foods
    > section at the grocery store.
    >
    > Amarillo, Texas has a great, locally owned doughnut company. About 5 years
    > ago, KK came in. I was afraid we were going to lose our doughnut company.
    >
    > But that wasn't what happened. Within 2 years, KK had pulled out, much to my
    > relief.

    Similar story in my area. The Pizza hut places gave up too because our
    area is known for good pizza.

  15. -L.

    -L. Guest

  16. Serene

    Serene Guest

  17. Kathy in NZ

    Kathy in NZ Guest

    On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:49:35 GMT, "Lefty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Kathy in NZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On 5 Apr 2006 08:23:47 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
    >>
    >> >Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
    >> >Buy One dozen, Get One dozen Free
    >> >http://www.californiafreebies.com/krispy-kreme-free-doughnuts.htm
    >> >

    >> Ill take a dozen. Do you deliver?
    >>
    >> Kathy in NZ

    >How about if I fax you a dozen? :)
    >--
    >Lefty

    Very kind of you Lefty, but it might goo up my workplace fax machine,
    so I'll pass. On another note, KFC sent my department at work two big
    boxes of desserts (free) this week as a promotion. A box of 24
    individual servings of cheesecake and similar box of mousses. It was a
    sweet week at work.

    Kathy in NZ

  18. fudge

    fudge Guest

  19. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "fudge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Tim Horton Donuts are everywhere in Canada. They are a Canadian coffee
    > and donut cultural icon. They have recently been listed on the Toronto
    > Stock Exchange. (Symbol TMI) They are owned by Wendy's, a U.S. based
    > multinational. They have expamnsion plans for the U.S. Watch for them
    > soon.

    Well, fudge, how do the coffee and donuts compare to Dunkin' Doughnuts - in
    your opinion, of course.
    Thanks,
    Dee Dee