FREE tips on dealing with stress, eating well, recipies and more!

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Peter, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3AA3E.DA9C8190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay = ON,
    Canada. Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are = dedicated to the prevention
    of disease and the promotion of health.=20 We offer a free and simple health Quiz that lets you
    assess your own = health - it gives you immediate feedback!=20

    www.successfulaging.ca Everything on this website is FREE. When you fill out the quiz, the =
    information you enter is completely confidential and remains = confidential through the rules and
    regulations governed by the ethics = board at Lakehead University.=20 You also do not have to wait
    for the results, the results are beamed = back to you in the blink of an eye. It is a wonderful quiz
    created by = wonderful people.=20 In the website there is also a weight watcher system. It is
    similar to = other systems with the exception of one feature, ITS FREE. You can track = your weight
    month by month and feel proud of the results.=20 This website is the result of years of research and
    education and is = provided to you at no cost, EVER!

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3AA3E.DA9C8190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2730.1700"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY>
    <DIV>
    <H1><CENTER><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#808000>Want to Feel=20 Healthier?</FONT></CENTER></H1>
    <H2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>We are a multi-partnered project at = Lakehead=20 University in
    Thunder Bay ON, Canada. Overseen by a team of researchers = and=20 health experts, we are
    dedicated to the prevention of disease and the = promotion=20 of health. </FONT></H2>
    <H3><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>We offer a free and simple health Quiz = that lets you=20 assess
    your own health - it gives you immediate feedback! = <BR></FONT></H2>
    <H4><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
    href=3D"http://www.successfulaging.ca">www.successfulaging.ca</A></FONT><= /H2>
    <H5><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>Everything on this website is FREE. When = you fill=20 out the quiz,
    the information you enter is completely confidential and = remains=20 confidential through the
    rules and regulations governed by the ethics = board at=20 Lakehead University. </FONT></H2>
    <H6><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>You also do not have to wait for the = results, the=20 results are
    beamed back to you in the blink of an eye. It is a wonderful = quiz=20 created by wonderful
    people. </FONT></H2>
    <H7><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>In the website there is also a weight = watcher=20 system. It is
    similar to other systems with the exception of one = feature, ITS=20 FREE. You can track your
    weight month by month and feel proud of the = results.=20 </FONT></H2>
    <H8><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>This website is the result of years of = research and=20 education
    and is provided to you at no cost,=20 EVER!</H2></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3AA3E.DA9C8190--

    Tags:

  2. Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:35:42 -0500:

    Why not learn how to post on newsgroups properly?

    > Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project

    A whit? Since when have projects had "partners"?

    > at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay ON, Canada.

    Never heard of it. Since when have academic project participants been posting anonymously and using
    hotmail addresses?

    > Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are dedicated to the prevention of
    > disease and the promotion of health.

    Pull the other one! You're a spammer, plain and simple, as nasty and money-grabbing as any other.
    Kindly go forth and procreate.

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Yes, I realize that I placed multiple listings and was afraid that it may appear as SPAM. However,
    my reply should indicate that it is not and that the contents of the website, that I am so excited
    about, is genuine.

    This is a multi-partner project, the website was put together with input from individuals of many
    different organizations (click on "meet the team" to see who).

    Never heard of Lakehead University? Check out Lakehead's website www.lakeheadu.ca

    Finally, nowhere on the www.successfulaging.ca website are we or will we ask for money. To use the
    resources of the website you do not have to sign-up or leave your email. I to am aware of SPAM,
    which is why I refuse to leave my personal email in newsgroups. But rest assured, I will answer any
    email sent to [email protected] (remove the last "m").

    With the current resources, this is the only way to let people know about the website on a
    global scale.

    It is easy to criticize in a world of deceit, but one must be careful not to overgeneralize to those
    who are here for good intentions. Peter Brink, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

    "Alan Mackenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:35:42 -0500:
    >
    > Why not learn how to post on newsgroups properly?
    >
    > > Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project
    >
    > A whit? Since when have projects had "partners"?
    >
    > > at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay ON, Canada.
    >
    > Never heard of it. Since when have academic project participants been posting anonymously and
    > using hotmail addresses?
    >
    > > Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are dedicated to the prevention of
    > > disease and the promotion of health.
    >
    > Pull the other one! You're a spammer, plain and simple, as nasty and money-grabbing as any other.
    > Kindly go forth and procreate.
    >
    > --
    > Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    > letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  4. Well, I LOOKED at your web site full of feel-good trash has anyone in your organization ever
    REASON a study?

    it does not look like it

    You are publishing references to PRESS reports about articles (NOT STUDIES) which are NOT
    definitive..

    In most cases, the press report is taken from a press release written bu a flack who has no concept
    of the problem,

    AND, most important, someone writes a letter to JAMA or NEJM, or LANCET, which says "in my opinion,
    the sun comes up in the west", and the wire report says " Researchers prove sun comes up in the
    west, a study by Hopkins, published in...."

    THEN, some twit like you QUOTES IT as FACT. Ignoring ALL the other evidence.

    To point out just ONE item, you are trumpeting that Hopkins says you should take vitim for Macular
    Edema- I GO to Hopkins, for Macular Edema
    - in ALL the years I have gone there, I have NEVER been told to use any "supplements" or "vitimnes",
    and I go to one of the top people there. - ALSO, you ignore the fact that the FDA advises people
    NOT to take the stuff. and there are LOTS of studies in Medline showing why you shouldn't.

    Most of your other factoids are questionable, at best - but the SOUND like you have a clue.

    THEN, you SPAM the newsgroups with your "informational site" it IS spam
    - even if it is "non commercial"

    PLEASE go away

    Peter wrote:

    > Yes, I realize that I placed multiple listings and was afraid that it may appear as SPAM. However,
    > my reply should indicate that it is not and that the contents of the website, that I am so excited
    > about, is genuine.
    >
    > This is a multi-partner project, the website was put together with input from individuals of many
    > different organizations (click on "meet the team" to see who).
    >
    > Never heard of Lakehead University? Check out Lakehead's website www.lakeheadu.ca
    >
    > Finally, nowhere on the www.successfulaging.ca website are we or will we ask for money. To use the
    > resources of the website you do not have to sign-up or leave your email. I to am aware of SPAM,
    > which is why I refuse to leave my personal email in newsgroups. But rest assured, I will answer
    > any email sent to [email protected] (remove the last "m").
    >
    > With the current resources, this is the only way to let people know about the website on a
    > global scale.
    >
    > It is easy to criticize in a world of deceit, but one must be careful not to overgeneralize to
    > those who are here for good intentions. Peter Brink, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
    >
    > "Alan Mackenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:35:42 -0500:
    >>
    >>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    >>
    >>Why not learn how to post on newsgroups properly?
    >>

    >>>Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project
    >>
    >>A whit? Since when have projects had "partners"?
    >>

    >>>at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay ON, Canada.
    >>
    >>Never heard of it. Since when have academic project participants been posting anonymously and
    >>using hotmail addresses?
    >>

    >>>Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are dedicated to the prevention of
    >>>disease and the promotion of health.
    >>
    >>Pull the other one! You're a spammer, plain and simple, as nasty and money-grabbing as any other.
    >>Kindly go forth and procreate.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    >>letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  5. Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:52:05
    -0500:

    > "Alan Mackenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:35:42 -0500:
    >> > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    >> Why not learn how to post on newsgroups properly?

    >> > Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project

    >> A whit? Since when have projects had "partners"?

    >> > at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay ON, Canada.

    >> Never heard of it. Since when have academic project participants been posting anonymously and
    >> using hotmail addresses?

    >> > Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are dedicated to the prevention of
    >> > disease and the promotion of health.

    >> Pull the other one! You're a spammer, plain and simple, as nasty and money-grabbing as any other.
    >> Kindly go forth and procreate.

    > Yes, I realize that I placed multiple listings and was afraid that it may appear as SPAM. However,
    > my reply should indicate that it is not and that the contents of the website, that I am so excited
    > about, is genuine.

    > This is a multi-partner project, the website was put together with input from individuals of many
    > different organizations (click on "meet the team" to see who).

    > Never heard of Lakehead University? Check out Lakehead's website www.lakeheadu.ca

    OK. Would I find there evidence of your connection with the University?

    > Finally, nowhere on the www.successfulaging.ca website are we or will we ask for money. To use the
    > resources of the website you do not have to sign-up or leave your email. I to am aware of SPAM,
    > which is why I refuse to leave my personal email in newsgroups. But rest assured, I will answer
    > any email sent to [email protected] (remove the last "m").

    > With the current resources, this is the only way to let people know about the website on a
    > global scale.

    You mean, you regard your website as important enough to abuse our (and other) newsgroups with off-
    topic advertising for it? How is this not spam? Perhaps we don't quite share your perceptions about
    your importance, and are less than happy about posts which violate the charters of our newsgroups,
    and dilute their value.

    > It is easy to criticize in a world of deceit, but one must be careful not to overgeneralize to
    > those who are here for good intentions. Peter Brink, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada

    OK, Peter, thanks for your name. But really, if your project were a scientific one, I'd be looking
    for details of your department, supervisor's name, aim of research, and so forth, simply as a token
    of good faith. And phrases like "Want to feal healthier?" and "I am so excited about it" and "we are
    a multi-partnered project" don't exactly suggest scientific motivation.

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  6. D. Monk

    D. Monk Guest

    Alan Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote in message

    > OK, Peter, thanks for your name. But really, if your project were a scientific one, I'd be looking
    > for details of your department, supervisor's name, aim of research, and so forth, simply as a
    > token of good faith. And phrases like "Want to feal healthier?" and "I am so excited about it" and
    > "we are a multi-partnered project" don't exactly suggest scientific motivation.

    The project and its connection with Lakehead U. seem legit. The project is partly funded by Manulife
    Financial- an insurance company with a special interest in keeping the Canadian population healthy.
    Perhaps Peter has a relationship with Manulife? That might explain his excitement. It's no excuse to
    spam the newsgroups with cross-posts though.

    D. Monk

  7. "D. Monk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Alan Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > OK, Peter, thanks for your name. But really, if your project were a scientific one, I'd be
    > > looking for details of your department, supervisor's name, aim of research, and so forth, simply
    > > as a token of good faith. And phrases like "Want to feal healthier?" and "I am so excited about
    > > it" and "we are a multi-partnered project" don't exactly suggest scientific motivation.
    >
    > The project and its connection with Lakehead U. seem legit. The project is partly funded by
    > Manulife Financial- an insurance company with a special interest in keeping the Canadian
    > population healthy. Perhaps Peter has a relationship with Manulife? That might explain his
    > excitement. It's no excuse to spam the newsgroups with cross-posts though.

    Can you grab his advisor's name, or the department at Lakehead U.? Most universities forbid any
    form of spam, and their personnel department/IT department/deans would be pretty angry about this
    sort of behavior.

  8. "D. Monk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Alan Mackenzie<[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > OK, Peter, thanks for your name. But really, if your project were a scientific one, I'd be
    > > looking for details of your department, supervisor's name, aim of research, and so forth, simply
    > > as a token of good faith. And phrases like "Want to feal healthier?" and "I am so excited about
    > > it" and "we are a multi-partnered project" don't exactly suggest scientific motivation.
    >
    > The project and its connection with Lakehead U. seem legit. The project is partly funded by
    > Manulife Financial- an insurance company with a special interest in keeping the Canadian
    > population healthy. Perhaps Peter has a relationship with Manulife? That might explain his
    > excitement. It's no excuse to spam the newsgroups with cross-posts though.

    Also. cross-posting is vastly, vastly preferable to sending the same thing individually to all the
    different groups and making people who happen to follow different groups read it again, and again,
    and again. But failing to correctly set a "Followup-To:" is grounds for flensing him with wet
    spaghetti.

    And again, it really smells like a miracle-cure-spam-scam from the format and style. It may even be
    in use to gather addresses to spam people, which seems a common use for semi-vaguely-legitimate
    website forms these days.

  9. Guy

    Guy Guest

    When I see the word "free" or "cure" I do not read those posts. Diabetes is not a trivial matter to
    us. In addition to diabetes we are plagued by people and organizations trying to get what money we
    have left. Most are very good sales people but basically trying to make a easy buck.

    We do not need or want that type.

    Most people here are aware of the problem and you will not find many here that are dumb enough to
    buy some line. If anyone that buys into these claims that use the internet for free advertising has
    no need for this group. They need education on how salesmen works to get easy money.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:52:05 -0500, "Peter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yes, I realize that I placed multiple listings and was afraid that it may appear as SPAM. However,
    >my reply should indicate that it is not and that the contents of the website, that I am so excited
    >about, is genuine.
    >
    >This is a multi-partner project, the website was put together with input from individuals of many
    >different organizations (click on "meet the team" to see who).
    >
    >Never heard of Lakehead University? Check out Lakehead's website www.lakeheadu.ca
    >
    >Finally, nowhere on the www.successfulaging.ca website are we or will we ask for money. To use the
    >resources of the website you do not have to sign-up or leave your email. I to am aware of SPAM,
    >which is why I refuse to leave my personal email in newsgroups. But rest assured, I will answer any
    >email sent to [email protected] (remove the last "m").
    >
    >With the current resources, this is the only way to let people know about the website on a
    >global scale.
    >
    >It is easy to criticize in a world of deceit, but one must be careful not to overgeneralize to
    >those who are here for good intentions. Peter Brink, Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
    >
    >"Alan Mackenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Peter <[email protected]> wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:35:42 -0500:
    >> > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
    >>
    >> Why not learn how to post on newsgroups properly?
    >>
    >> > Want to Feel Healthier? We are a multi-partnered project
    >>
    >> A whit? Since when have projects had "partners"?
    >>
    >> > at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay ON, Canada.
    >>
    >> Never heard of it. Since when have academic project participants been posting anonymously and
    >> using hotmail addresses?
    >>
    >> > Overseen by a team of researchers and health experts, we are dedicated to the prevention of
    >> > disease and the promotion of health.
    >>
    >> Pull the other one! You're a spammer, plain and simple, as nasty and money-grabbing as any other.
    >> Kindly go forth and procreate.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to decode, wherever there is a repeated
    >> letter (like "aa"), remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").

  10. Sleepyman

    Sleepyman Guest

    wrote:

    >Yes, I realize that I placed multiple listings and was afraid that it may appear as SPAM. However,
    >my reply should indicate that it is not and that the contents of the website, that I am so excited
    >about, is genuine.

    You just happen to be sponsored by a huge Life Insurance Company. Fer Shere Dude.

    SM

    ---------------------------
    Why Can't I Tickle Myself?
    ---------------------------

  11. Sleepyman

    Sleepyman Guest

    On 23 Nov 2003 00:22:13 -0800, [email protected] (D. Monk) wrote:

    Not X Posted to SEVEN groups

    >The project and its connection with Lakehead U. seem legit. The project is partly funded by
    >Manulife Financial- an insurance company with a special interest in keeping the Canadian
    >population healthy.

    Dead people don't pay premiums. This is no small company keeping Canadians healthy. They just bought
    John Hancock Insurance Co. Perhaps you have heard of them.

    >Perhaps Peter has a relationship with Manulife? That might explain his excitement. It's no excuse
    >to spam the newsgroups with cross-posts though.
    >
    >D. Monk

    Sleepy

    If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

  12. D. Monk

    D. Monk Guest

    "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Can you grab his advisor's name, or the department at Lakehead U.? Most universities forbid any
    > form of spam, and their personnel department/IT department/deans would be pretty angry about this
    > sort of behavior.

    I searched the Lakehead University website and came up with this news release. Go to
    http://www.lakeheadu.ca/~eventswww/successfulaging.html and you'll find the news release along with
    names of contacts. I'm sure the folks at Lakehead U would be interested in knowing that someone is
    abusing the newsgroups in their good name.