Free to air satellite coverage of giro etc?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, May 12, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
    > on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.
    >
    > I've had a root through the available channels, but there are several
    > hundred of them, and I might have just missed the right one. Or is it like
    > big football games in this country, only available if you pay for it. I
    > don't care which language it's in, as long as I can see the action!

    It's on Sky channel 412 live, but I don't know if it's free to air as I've
    got a Sky card for the 28.2 E sat.

    However,

    If you visit this site: http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html
    you can see that at 11954 MHz / 27.5 / 3-4 is German Eurosport. I've got a
    dish pointing at the 19.2 E Astra satellite and have just tuned it in with
    no card - so it is free to air. The on screen schedule shows "radsport" on
    at 1400 CET, which is 1300 BST, i.e it's on in 10 minutes!

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:19:51 +0000, Rick wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
    > on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.

    Has anyone got www.cycling.tv to work on Linux?

    I've got the mplayer-plugin installed with Mozilla Firefox.
    It pops up, and says it playing but all I ever get is some music.

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

  4. John Hearns <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:19:51 +0000, Rick wrote:
    >
    > > I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
    > > on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.

    > Has anyone got www.cycling.tv to work on Linux?
    >

    > I've got the mplayer-plugin installed with Mozilla Firefox.
    > It pops up, and says it playing but all I ever get is some music.

    I have the same setup. It plays the preview clip and music OK but I
    can't get it to do anything more. E.g. it won't accept the code it
    gave me thirty seconds before and just keeps asking me to register
    again...

    Regards

    David