Free to air satellite coverage of giro etc?

Simon Mason

Guest
"Rick" <no@thanks> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
> on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.
>
> I've had a root through the available channels, but there are several
> hundred of them, and I might have just missed the right one. Or is it like
> big football games in this country, only available if you pay for it. I
> don't care which language it's in, as long as I can see the action!

It's on Sky channel 412 live, but I don't know if it's free to air as I've
got a Sky card for the 28.2 E sat.

However,

If you visit this site: http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html
you can see that at 11954 MHz / 27.5 / 3-4 is German Eurosport. I've got a
dish pointing at the 19.2 E Astra satellite and have just tuned it in with
no card - so it is free to air. The on screen schedule shows "radsport" on
at 1400 CET, which is 1300 BST, i.e it's on in 10 minutes!

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:19:51 +0000, Rick wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
> on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.

Has anyone got www.cycling.tv to work on Linux?

I've got the mplayer-plugin installed with Mozilla Firefox.
It pops up, and says it playing but all I ever get is some music.

John Hearns <[email protected]> writes:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:19:51 +0000, Rick wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone knows which free satellite tv channels available
> > on Hotbird might have some coverage of the Giro and other cycling events.

> Has anyone got www.cycling.tv to work on Linux?
>

> I've got the mplayer-plugin installed with Mozilla Firefox.
> It pops up, and says it playing but all I ever get is some music.

I have the same setup. It plays the preview clip and music OK but I
can't get it to do anything more. E.g. it won't accept the code it
gave me thirty seconds before and just keeps asking me to register
again...

Regards

David