Free to good home: good Raleigh "Pulsar" racing frame (plus assorted attached scrap!)

Pyromancer

Guest
Anyone want a free frame for a rebuild project? It was a Raleigh Pulsar
racing bike from the mid 1980s, cost about 400 quid new.

I bought it from a cousin and had it re-done as a hybrid for commuting,
but eventually bought an MTB hybrid instead, wanting more comfort and
lower bottom gears for use in Sheffield.

The frame is sound and in good nick, the wheels are probably scrap and
the other bits almost certainly are. Might make a good base for someone
who wants a project bike. I was thinking of doing something with it but
my Gazelle is awaiting my pleasure in Cycle Heaven (collect it tomorrow
- woooo hoooo!!!!) and realistically I'm never going to touch this old
bike again. Seems a shame to just bin it, so if anyone wants a nice,
fairly lightweight (well, by my standards anyway) racing frame, email me
at the reply address and it's yours. I can even deliver it if you're
within 20 miles or so of Leeds.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, The Sunday Goth Social, Leeds. <http://www.sheepish.net>

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = <http://www.wytches.net> = The UK's Pagan ISP!
<http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk> <http://www.revival.stormshadow.com>

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Simon
Brooke <[email protected]> gently breathed:
>in message <[email protected]>, Pyromancer
>('[email protected]') wrote:

>> Anyone want a free frame for a rebuild project? It was a Raleigh
>> Pulsar racing bike from the mid 1980s, cost about 400 quid new.

>What size? Is there a Reynolds badge anywhere on it, and if so what
>number?

Adult size (don't have a tape measure to find but the original owner is
6'2 and it fitted him properly). There is a still legible Raleigh
sticker about 18-23 tubing, it also has an "Aerospace Profile" (i.e. the
seatpost and downtube are oval in the middle though round as normal at
the ends).

--

Pyromancer wrote:
> Anyone want a free frame for a rebuild project? It was a Raleigh Pulsar
> racing bike from the mid 1980s, cost about 400 quid new.

Oh, the nostalgia! I had one of these in my later teens... great for
bombing up Bury New Road in 5th with a bunch of cheap records from
Powercuts off Oxford Road... then I got skint, sold it and started
smoking and drinking. Doh!

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, Pyromancer
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>

> > Anyone want a free frame for a rebuild project? It was a Raleigh
> > Pulsar racing bike from the mid 1980s, cost about 400 quid new.

> What size? Is there a Reynolds badge anywhere on it, and if so what
> number?

18-23 is a favourite of British Gas IIRC, but if it's free, hey....