Free to good home: towbar-mounted bike carrier

beerwolf

Guest
This rack is about 20 years old, but is still ok. The retention bolts
however are too short to secure the thick tubes on my wife's new MTB.
They could be drilled out and replaced with longer ones, but I don't
have the facilities to do that, and will just buy a new carrier. I hate
chucking stuff out if it still works, so would be happy if somebody else
can make use of it.

I'll prioritise offers in the order that I receive emails for it. The deal
is that you arrange pickup or shippage from Glebe (Sydney).

Email is: beerwolf(AT)fastmail(DOT)com(DOT)au

--
beerwolf
(To reply by email, remove numbers from my address)

beerwolf said:

> This rack is about 20 years old, but is still ok. The retention bolts
> however are too short to secure the thick tubes on my wife's new MTB.
> They could be drilled out and replaced with longer ones, but I don't
> have the facilities to do that, and will just buy a new carrier. I hate
> chucking stuff out if it still works, so would be happy if somebody else
> can make use of it.
>
> I'll prioritise offers in the order that I receive emails for it. The deal
> is that you arrange pickup or shippage from Glebe (Sydney).

If you don't get a taker, try Freecycle:

http://www.freecycle.org/

There are nearly 10,000 people subscribed in Sydney alone. You'll probably
never send anything to the tip again.

Steve = : ^ )

"Steve B." <[email protected]> wrote in
news:C1C1D25F.84EA8%[email protected]:

> If you don't get a taker, try Freecycle:
>
> http://www.freecycle.org/
>
> There are nearly 10,000 people subscribed in Sydney alone. You'll
> probably never send anything to the tip again.

Thanks for the link. Signed up, advertised bike rack, and it was gone
within 24 hours.