FreeCell (OT)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by William Higley, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. Since I'm sure we all spend too much time in front of the computer I thought I would ask a question
    about your gaming.

    What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?

    For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.

    I suspect Mr. Sherman has a spreadsheet set up that shows most challenging, easiest, quickest,
    and so on.

    William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 RANS Rocket

    Tags:

  2. Dh

    Dh Guest

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    "William Higley, Sr." wrote:

    > Since I'm sure we all spend too much time in front of the computer I thought I would ask a
    > question about your gaming.
    >
    > What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?
    >
    > For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.
    >
    > I suspect Mr. Sherman has a spreadsheet set up that shows most challenging, easiest, quickest,
    > and so on.

    These are some of the easier games (between 2000 and 7000).

    2397*2478*3176*3177*3178*3198*4069*4196*5239*5389

    The most challenging are 6182 and 6821.

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?
    >>
    >> For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.
    >>
    > These are some of the easier games (between 2000 and 7000).
    >
    > 2397*2478*3176*3177*3178*3198*4069*4196*5239*5389
    >
    > The most challenging are 6182 and 6821.

    How do you people have time to find easy or hard games of FreeCell? I can't even find time to ride
    my @#[email protected]#%@# bike!!

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Gary Fritz wrote:

    > Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >> What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?
    > >>
    > >> For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.
    > >>
    > > These are some of the easier games (between 2000 and 7000).
    > >
    > > 2397*2478*3176*3177*3178*3198*4069*4196*5239*5389
    > >
    > > The most challenging are 6182 and 6821.
    >
    > How do you people have time to find easy or hard games of FreeCell? I can't even find time to ride
    > my @#[email protected]#%@# bike!!

    What else is there to do when one is feeling too sick to ride or do much of anything else? Besides,
    I am trying to prove all 32,000 games are solvable. :)

    Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

  6. "Tom Sherman" wrote

    > The most challenging are 6182 and 6821.

    Those ones are so easy!!! Try -1 and -2 (yes, that's a minus sign).

  7. William Higley, Sr. wrote:
    > Since I'm sure we all spend too much time in front of the computer I thought I would ask a
    > question about your gaming.
    >
    > What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?
    >
    > For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.
    >
    > I suspect Mr. Sherman has a spreadsheet set up that shows most challenging, easiest, quickest,
    > and so on.
    >
    > William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 RANS Rocket

    As these past several days were rained out concerning riding for me, all the more reason for the
    trainer and rollers, time was provided for gaming and blogging experiences. Only one of T. Sherman's
    games seemded trying (never did win). Does anyone use Solsuite? That is where to find some seriously
    tough games, including freecell. The trainer I'm using is the TACX Basic, found in the Colorado
    catalog. Having started an Excel spread sheet for the 15 different bits of info generated each ride
    has provided some interesting insights. I had never thought about the total number of pedal
    rotations for a given time or distance. This goes to a totally O.T. subject from cards. Frank
    Modified HHR, the lizard.

  8. Evsolutions

    Evsolutions Guest

    I spent a few years without the internet to prove it was not addictive and I ended up playing 32,000
    games of Freecell. I discovered a pattern after game 18,000 re: for every 100 games you will lose 4.
    When you record the 4 #s and try playing the 4 again and again...you cannot win. Best I ever did in
    one sitting was 82 games without a loss. I usually hit 1 or 2 losses in the 1st 30 games.

    Now I limit myself to one game of Ms.PacMan per day...purely for therapy.
    ******************
    "Frank P. Patterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > William Higley, Sr. wrote:
    > > Since I'm sure we all spend too much time in front of the computer I
    thought
    > > I would ask a question about your gaming.
    > >
    > > What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?
    > >
    > > For me it is game 2217. I found it hard to lose with a start like that.
    > >
    > > I suspect Mr. Sherman has a spreadsheet set up that shows most
    challenging,
    > > easiest, quickest, and so on.
    > >
    > > William Higley, Sr. Vision R-50 RANS Rocket
    > >

    > As these past several days were rained out concerning riding for me, all the more reason for the
    > trainer and rollers, time was provided for gaming and blogging experiences. Only one of T.
    > Sherman's games seemded trying (never did win). Does anyone use Solsuite? That is where to find
    > some seriously tough games, including freecell. The trainer I'm using is the TACX Basic, found in
    > the Colorado catalog. Having started an Excel spread sheet for the 15 different bits of info
    > generated each ride has provided some interesting insights. I had never thought about the total
    > number of pedal rotations for a given time or distance. This goes to a totally O.T. subject from
    > cards. Frank Modified HHR, the lizard.

  9. Michael Plog

    Michael Plog Guest

    Concerning the FreeCell game that folks here tend to like.

    I also like to play FreeCell, but the way I do it is to play so that an Ace is always left until
    last. Then, when the card comes off the Ace, all the cards fly up to the top bases. The challenge is
    to see how few cards I have to get to the top before clicking the last card and having all the
    remainder go automatically. Anyone else play like this?

    "Frank P. Patterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > William Higley, Sr. wrote:
    > > Since I'm sure we all spend too much time in front of the computer
    I thought
    > > I would ask a question about your gaming.
    > >
    > > What is the easiest game of FreeCell you have encountered?

    <snip for space consideration

  10. Dh

    Dh Guest

    As long as this discussion is going on re FreeCell, I can pass on a great card game (with a real
    deck of cards) called Concentration.

    You have four working piles and four discard piles.

    The working piles are (irregardless of suit) A, 2, 3, 4.

    The Ace pile goes by 'ones' ... A, 2, 3 ,4 ......9, 19, J,Q,K

    The '2' pile goes by 'twos'..... 2,4,6,8,10, Q,A, I, 3, ..... K

    The '3' piles goes by 'threes' ..... 3, 6, 9, Q, 2, 5, 8, J,...... K

    and so 'fourth' ( 4, 8, Q, 3, 7, J, 2, 6, 10, A, 5, 9, K)

    You can only pick up the latest card from the discard piles to place on the working piles.

    A great game. I learned that years ago from an employer.

  11. Nanc

    Nanc Guest

    > The challenge is to see how few cards I have to get to the top before clicking the last card and
    > having all the remainder go automatically. Anyone else play like this?

    Yup! It's the only way the game is fun to me. My "record" is 49 cards remaining down below before
    they all start going up automatically.

    ~ Nanc 1999 Vision R-44 USS 2003 Vision R-45 USS

  12. Dh

    Dh Guest

    9, 19 should be 9, 10, J, Q, K