freedom of speech

Paul Agius

Feb 23, 2011
Well is it not a small world?
A guy called Damian is the owner and facilitator and of course dictator of Sydney Cyclist Melbourne Cyclist and Brisbane Cyclist and of course one of my favourite fans.
after posting my "Bicycle Parts Prices" letter in the hope of making cyclists more aware of what is happenng in Australia about bicycle part prices of course and the fact that Shimano cost me $18.40 in frieght from Sydney South to Goulburn about 2.5 hours by car for just 10 bicycle spoke which could have easily been put into an envelope or inserted into a carton which was delivered with the same van at the same time.
Well Damian has taken offence to my letter and all by himself decided to save the world and suspendeed my membership of all three sites.
Hooray for Damian i think he sold out all cyclist and i ask you to boycott his sites.
there is something called freedom of speech i think.

Paul Agius

Damian Mc Clellan of Sydney Cylist, Melbourne Cyclist and Brisbane Cylist
Grow up

Below is the bad news.

You have been suspended from Sydney Cyclist Sorry, Paul Agius, you can not access Sydney Cyclist as you have been suspended.

because of what??

here is my responce Damian.
"Some of us are alive some do not know they are dead yet"

Well, some people don't take kindly to a public trubbing of their business interests.

I don't know what the laws are Down Under, so I can't comment on that, but here in the U.S., "Freedom of Speech" is a right that the government cannot take away in public (there are some exceptions: "Fire!" in a crowded theater). It says nothing about under private circumstances. While much of the internet is publicly accessible, individual sites are privately owned, and the owners can apply whatever rules they see fit.

Think of it this way: anyone is certainly welcome in the church I attend (and sit on the Board), but some words and actions would get you tossed out on your ear.

Just remember, there are two sides to every story. We've heard yours, but we haven't heard the other, so I, for one, would withhold judgment.

Jason

hi jpr95,

i think that telling the truth gives one the right to simply say it.
so these people cannot charge me with lying as i am not doing that.
the fact is that most people actually value themselves a little bit too much. I work with a lot of peolpe through both my church ( you mentioned that ) and private life and it is sad that a lot of people want to say earn $1500.00 per week but then when they have to pay someone say $70.00 for a mechanic or repair man they whinge so who is worth what. We all have to really think that out for ourselves.
getting back to my best friend. well obviusely he did not want to upset anyone but sometime one has to say what they believe in otherwise we might as well be dead.
another facilitator on another site simply sent me an email saying he understands what i am talking about (read "prices" as part of a thread on this site for more info) and that he will personally actaully this is his email no addresses will be shown.

Thank you for your email. I do not think it would be constructive to publish your comments on (our) website. I have passed your concerns on to my contacts at Shimano Australia. And I accept that I don't agree 100% as what i am trying to do here is raise public awareness but it is his site. as far a public forums are concerned aren't they supposed to raise public awareness? thanks paul l

Originally Posted by Paul Agius .

as far a public forums are concerned aren't they supposed to raise public awareness?

This is true in some cases. More often than not, they're privately owned businesses and like your shop successful community websites always have rules.

While I'm told, your issue with your supplier is echoed around the country. I would prefer if you left the policy's of other websites out of your discussion.

thanks