Freeing a seized U-lock

Harvey

Guest
BTW, my U-lock was all seized up after being left in a bike shed for three years. WD40 and graphite
powder didn't free it, was advised by a local bike shop to take a crow bar to it...then I poured in
some engine oil and bingo.

Nothing the bike or hardware shops suggested worked at all (although the crow bar suggestion might
possibly have had an effect).

Just in case anyone else has the same problem.

harvey wrote:
> BTW, my U-lock was all seized up after being left in a bike shed for three years. WD40 and
> graphite powder didn't free it, was advised by a local bike shop to take a crow bar to it...then I
> poured in some engine oil and bingo.
>
> Nothing the bike or hardware shops suggested worked at all (although the crow bar suggestion might
> possibly have had an effect).
>
> Just in case anyone else has the same problem.

you could always use it like a weapon - just like the guy in the book I am currently reading.

penny

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC), "harvey" <[email protected]> wrote:

Fly be free.....

:-]