Freeride bike advice wanted

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Hello friends,

    I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be on a freeride mountain bike.
    I'm after a radical bike with preferably at least 8 inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to
    avoid riding the same piece of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires too
    so that any whipsnakes I run over will get some cushioning.

    Are there any bikes suitable?

    Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.

    Thanks for your comments and advice,

    Mike Vandeman.

    ===
    I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do is
    post annoying messages to newsgroups.)

    Tags:

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hello friends,
    |
    | I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be on a freeride mountain bike.
    | I'm after a radical bike with preferably at least
    8
    | inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to avoid riding the same
    piece
    | of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires too so that any whipsnakes I
    | run over will get some cushioning.
    |
    | Are there any bikes suitable?
    |
    | Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.
    |
    | Thanks for your comments and advice,
    |
    | Mike Vandeman.
    |
    | ===
    | I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    | habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do is
    | post annoying messages to newsgroups.)

    This should do the trick: http://www.nextquestion.org/phuong/pimages/bike.jpg

    Simon....yes yes I know

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | Hello friends,
    > |
    > | I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be on
    > | freeride mountain bike. I'm after a radical bike with preferably at
    least
    > 8
    > | inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to avoid riding the same
    > piece
    > | of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires too
    so
    > | that any whipsnakes I run over will get some cushioning.
    > |
    > | Are there any bikes suitable?
    > |
    > | Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.
    > |
    > | Thanks for your comments and advice,
    > |
    > | Mike Vandeman.
    > |
    > | ===
    > | I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    > | habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do
    > | is post annoying messages to newsgroups.)
    > |

    > This should do the trick: http://www.nextquestion.org/phuong/pimages/bike.jpg

    OMG that's an ugly rig!

    Bill "but since it's for M%V..." S.

  4. "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be on a freeride mountain bike.
    > I'm after a radical bike with preferably at least
    8
    > inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to avoid riding the same
    piece
    > of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires too so that any whipsnakes I
    > run over will get some cushioning.
    >
    > Are there any bikes suitable?
    >
    > Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.
    >
    > Thanks for your comments and advice,
    >
    > Mike Vandeman.
    >
    > ===
    > I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    > habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do is
    > post annoying messages to newsgroups.)

    April fool yer bunch of humourless b*stards! Okay so it was a bit weak but at least I tried..

  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > Hello friends,
    | >
    | > I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be on
    | > freeride mountain bike. I'm after a radical bike with preferably at
    least
    | 8
    | > inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to avoid riding the same
    | piece
    | > of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires too
    so
    | > that any whipsnakes I run over will get some cushioning.
    | >
    | > Are there any bikes suitable?
    | >
    | > Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.
    | >
    | > Thanks for your comments and advice,
    | >
    | > Mike Vandeman.
    | >
    | > ===
    | > I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    | > habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do
    | > is post annoying messages to newsgroups.)
    | >

    | April fool yer bunch of humourless b*stards! Okay so it was a bit weak but at least I tried..

    Ummmmm it was obvious it wasnt MV the IP in the header gave that away. I was just humouring the post
    with and, who knows, maybe MV will buy a wooden bike.

    Simon

  6. "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > |
    > | "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | > Hello friends,
    > | >
    > | > I've decided that the best way to get around my pure habitat will be
    on
    > | > freeride mountain bike. I'm after a radical bike with preferably at
    > least
    > | 8
    > | > inches of travel so that I can huck off drops to avoid riding the same
    > | piece
    > | > of ground more than once. I'd also like to be able to run big tires
    too
    > so
    > | > that any whipsnakes I run over will get some cushioning.
    > | >
    > | > Are there any bikes suitable?
    > | >
    > | > Oh and I'd also like it to be made purely out of wood from sustainable forests.
    > | >
    > | > Thanks for your comments and advice,
    > | >
    > | > Mike Vandeman.
    > | >
    > | > ===
    > | > I am working on creating an mtb habitat that is off-limits to eco-terrorist nutters ("pure
    > | > habitat"). Want to help? (I've spent the previous 8 years on methadone dependence and all I do
    > | > is post annoying messages
    > | > newsgroups.)
    > | >

    > | April fool yer bunch of humourless b*stards! Okay so it was a bit weak
    but
    > | at least I tried..
    > |

    > Ummmmm it was obvious it wasnt MV the IP in the header gave that away.

    What? doesn't anyone believe a signature at the bottom anymore, what is this world coming too?

    I was
    > just humouring the post with and, who knows, maybe MV will buy a wooden bike.

    He woodn't know what to do with it

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > on
    > > least
    > > | 8
    > > | piece
    > too
    > > so

    the

    > > | April fool yer bunch of humourless b*stards! Okay so it was a bit weak
    > but
    > > | at least I tried..
    > > |

    > > Ummmmm it was obvious it wasnt MV the IP in the header gave that away.
    >
    > What? doesn't anyone believe a signature at the bottom anymore, what is
    this
    > world coming too?
    >
    > I was
    > > just humouring the post with and, who knows, maybe MV will buy a wooden bike.
    >
    > He woodn't know what to do with it

    I errmmm wonder if he'd be uhhhhmm, 'open' to suggestions?......

    Shaun aRe - Them splinters'd hurt some.......