freeride frame

smee

Apr 15, 2003
I'm in the market for a new frame, and I've decided I'm pretty set on switching from a hardtail (Cove Stiffee) to full suspension. I'm looking for something pretty beefy, that will take the big drops and jumps but will also be manageable going up. I'm more looking for a hardcore trail and playbike than a full on freeride rig. Right now I'm looking at the Santa Cruz Bullit, Giant AC-1, and Rocky Mountain RM6, I'll be building it up wih the components on my bike now (XTR/XT drivetrain, race face cranks, Rhyno Lite wheelset, XT disc up front, upgrading to the same on the rear along with the frame, Z1 Dropoff), so if anyone has any opinions about these frames, or any suggestions about anything I might want to take a look at it would be much appreciated.

The Bullit may be a big heavy for your tastes - ride it first for sure - the Giant and the RM are both good choices too. I think that RM's trail bike is really the switch though and the rm is more of a downhill.

It's all what you make it though - I have a friend who just got the Giant - he LOVES it!