Freestyle cranklength questions.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by president_luke, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. Hey guys, just a couple of questions about crank length.

    1. Is crankfliping easier on shorter cranks because its faster or
    longer cranks because theres more torque?

    2. Are standing on crank tricks easier on shorter cranks or longer
    cranks?

    --
    president_luke

    No, I can't ride a real bike.
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  2. i'm not sure about your first question, but as for your second, i find
    it a lot easier with the longer, wider cranks on my onza. This might be
    because the cranks on my freestyle are reali short though, 89mm

    --
    amanda.gallacher

    'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
    Fly04066814 - 'Amanda Rules!!'
    fcwegnm0b - 'Amanda you are awesome!'
    Chosen - 'i think...i...love amanda'
    [email protected] - add me
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

  3. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    i think that crankflipping would be that same...youre cranks dont turn
    the whole wheel turns..the only way to make the flip go faster or
    slowwere is to kick harder or softer

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/fculm)

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    *JONNY IS MY HERO!*

  4. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    1. I think its a bit of both, I learnt on my KH (20") with 150's and
    after I broke both seatposts reverted to a Nimbus Trials which has
    125's I think. I am not sure witch one was harder or easier. Sorry

    2. Alot of the wrap tricks I see Amanda do are on her Onza, so I think
    that could make it easier.

    I am sorry I couldnt be more help.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  5. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest