Freeware cycling simulator!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Brian, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Hello!

    Found this little cycling simulation computer game, thought someone else in uk.rec.cycling might
    find it interesting!

    http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3742

    "Possibly the best (and maybe only) cycling management simulation ever made, Super Tour 3 is a very
    comprehensive and feature-rich freeware sport simulation for Windows 95 and above. Coded entirely by
    one designer, the game is the latest release in the Super Tour series that dates back to 1996. The
    game lets you control either one rider in an individual time trial (ITT) competition, or the whole
    team in a team time trial (TTT) competition. You can compete in any of the 4 general winning
    criteria in cycling: by times, mountains, regularity, and teams. Up to 22 teams with 9 riders each
    can compete in three of the world’s most prestigious cycling tournament: Vuelta a Espana, Giro
    d'Italia, and Tour de France. If you prefer, you can also create your own personalized teams and
    seasons, complete with transfer market and qualification rounds."

    regards

    --
    Brian

    Tags:

  2. tagfat

    tagfat New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2003

    Does anyone know of a cycle simulator?
    I want a simulation proper - meaning a program which can simulate the slopes of a mountain stage by increasing load on the pedals and show the road on a screen in front of you.

    Cheers

  3. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    tagfat wrote:
    > Brian wrote:
    > > Hello! Found this little cycling simulation computer game.... Brian
    >

    > Does anyone know of a cycle simulator? I want a simulation proper - meaning a program which can
    > simulate the slopes of a mountain stage by increasing load on the pedals and show the road on a
    > screen in front of you.

    I don't know of any freeware, but a there are turbo trainers around that can do that (Computrainer
    and possibly Taxc Imax)

    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  4. tagfat

    tagfat New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2003
    And that would be the soft-ware and not a whole trainer?