Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

freewheel - pawls

Started by frenk · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,285 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 July 2003
Last activity
26 July 2003
Original author
frenk
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,285
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Yesterday I removed the freewheel of my Campy Mirage 8s (a traditional hub)
    and I did a mistake. One of the three springs (the ones that holds the
    pawls, those little pieces that hold the wheel in one direction and let it
    go in the other one) gets destroyed. Now my wheel only have 2 pawls. The
    only thing I noticed is that the clicking noise that I used to hear when the
    wheel was free to rotate, is gone. This is, for me, a good thing, but hey!-
    if they putted 3 pawls... it's not for fun.
    So my question: is it dangerous to ride without the third one? Or I can live
    without?

    Thanks, Greetings

    Francesco

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.