Freewheel Problem - Helicomatic

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 01:20:17 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:

>Because commonly guys buy a tool, a cog or two and a pack of bearings, then get another ten years
>from it. YMMV
>
>I suppose you think I should remove my Svelto too? Hell, it's just getting smooth!

It's like a Volvo, which is just barely hitting its stride when it hits the first 100k miles.

Jasper

In article <[email protected]>,
Jasper Janssen <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 01:20:17 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Because commonly guys buy a tool, a cog or two and a pack of bearings, then get another ten years
>>from it. YMMV
>>
>>I suppose you think I should remove my Svelto too? Hell, it's just getting smooth!
>
>It's like a Volvo, which is just barely hitting its stride when it hits the first 100k miles.

Frame rusted through on mine at 120k. That car cost a fortune to keep and was a POS from the day it
rolled. At 10 years it was worth $800 in running condition. It handled worse in the snow than the
1968 Dodge Adventurer I drove in high school. Volvo...

In article <[email protected]>,
A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
>-snip helico- Mike S. wrote:
>> Big question is WHY? Why spend money on something that is so outdated that only one shop in the
>> nation supports it?
>>
>> If you're going to spend money, you're better off with a FW hub and 7sp FW. At least you get
>> something that made it to the 90s before it died.
>>
>> Cheaper in the long run... Now you've got a 20 year old wheel with a new cassette... Next time
>> you need to change cogs, you may not even be able to find them...
>
>Because commonly guys buy a tool, a cog or two and a pack of bearings, then get another ten years
>from it. YMMV
>
>I suppose you think I should remove my Svelto too? Hell, it's just getting smooth!
>--
>Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

He probably thinks I should throw away my Suntour Freewheels and 27" wheels, too! (I'm not selling
my Morris Minor, either.) I guess I'm one of the few, the proud, the retrogrouches!

Pureheart