Freewheel unicycle

trials2k

Guest
im not sure if this question has already been asked, but the other day
me and a mate who rides a trials 20" bike were thinking, i wonder if
they could put a freewheel on a uni, just like bikes do, so that u
could pedal to get urself going, then just stop pedalling and u would
keep going.
you would have to do something with the hub connecting to the cranks,
but i think that should be the next prototype uni, they'd be a hoot to
ride :)

--
trials2k

Live and Die on a uni;) **
trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

lol it would be impossible. if it wasnt it would already been done.

without the ability to back pedal you wouldnt be able to ride. just
think about it. it would be almost impossoble( for me atleast )

--
manon1wheel

now im lvl 6!
-.- T1me to overthrow most replies!!-.-
manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

> lol it would be impossible. if it wasnt it would already been done.
>
> without the ability to back pedal you wouldnt be able to ride. just
> think about it. it would be almost impossoble( for me atleast )

Yea, that's what a lot of people said. Turns out that point of view is
wrong, eh?

See the link in my signature for a video of me riding it. Also go buy
Training Wheel Not Required.

> the coaster was realy hard to ride

When did you try to ride it? Was it mine? Cause that thing hasn't
left my house since it was built.

--
digitalattrition

"When life hands you a lemon, say 'Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you
got?'"
-Henry Rollins
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

digitalattrition wrote:
> See the link in my signature for a video of me riding it.

Now I want one.

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/VBGooglemap.php)
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .*X* <--Chosen's spot
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Roger unicycle.com has one, although when I saw it the clutch was
broken, so it would freewheel in both directions, you couldn't pedal it
up to speed.

It was quite hard to ride, but loads of people can ride BCs now, surely
it's pretty similar to that (except with more potential for speeding
yourself up).

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

where can you get one of those?....it looks like an awsome
challeng....fun 2 ..

--
dorfman

i started unicycling on christmas 05
on that day i accomplished
forward unicycling 40ft
freemounting 6 times succesfulling
number of strange looks recieved whilst learning 34(i counted)
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

Somebody built a nice one using a hub from a Coker Wheelman
penny-farthing. It had a brake and looked like a normal 24" muni,
apart from the hub. I saw it at one of the Exeter unimeets a year or
so ago - can't remember whose it was though (I don't think it was
Roger's... could have been somebody known as North who used to post on
here).

Rob

--
rob.northcott

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice

manon1wheel wrote:
> lol it would be impossible. if it wasnt it would already been done.

Shocking attitude from a unicyclist. If it hasn't been done obviously
no-one was trying hard enough, or they gave up too early. This applies
to everything, coaster unis up to cold fusion.

Don't let it happen again.

John

--
johnhimsworth

Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level and then
beat you with experience.
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

I think it would be very possible. You would want a brake and some kind
of handlebars. It would then be very similar to riding a wheelie on a
bicycle. Without handlebars and a brake, I think it would be nearly
impossible.

Think how fast you could go on something like that!:eek:

--
wheeliemaster
wheeliemaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10962

> I think it would be very possible. You would want a brake and some kind
> of handlebars. It would then be very similar to riding a wheelie on a
> bicycle. Without handlebars and a brake, I think it would be nearly
> impossible.

I say again, see the link in my signature or buy Training Wheel Not
Required. Both of them show that not only is it possible, but it's
been done. By two different people.

That 1HWY site hasn't been updated in over a year. It's best to stick
with the gallery, or wait until we get a new site put up (which I am
planning to do).