Freewheel unicycle

You can get a green machine at toys r us. I was going to make a coaster
uni a long time ago but never got around to it, I did make a BCuni
though.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
> wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

Instead of paying $80 for a Green Machine (like stupid ol' me), just
copy down the serial # off the one on display at Toys R Us (it's
stamped onto the bottom of the frame). Then call Huffy and ask for a
replacement wheel. They'll ask for the serial # as proof of purchase.
I think it's around $25 and should include complete wheelset with tire
and cranks.

However...I don't think the GM hub is made to handle the forces of an
adult unicyclist. Mine began slipping after a few hours of practice,
like maybe the teeth or whatever inside the hub started breaking off,
until it simply freewheeled in both directions, making the cranks
useless (unless you put them on kangaroo style and make it a BC wheel
as I assume Skippii has done[glad you found a use for it]). I haven't
bought a replacement yet, but good luck if you go this route, and let
us know if yours breaks too, mine might have just been faulty.

--
hell-on-wheel

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

I dunno, mine hasn't started slipping yet, and I took it through some
pretty bad falls. I weigh 240 lbs, so I don't think it was the weight.
Maybe they just sent you a bad one.

--
digitalattrition

"When life hands you a lemon, say 'Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you
got?'"
-Henry Rollins
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
'Buy stuff from Arrow Racing!' (http://www.arrowracing.com)
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

I have 2, the best of which cost me almost nothing. It is a 16" wheel
one that I found in a skip! It is the front wheel of one of those
trike things that was trendie a few years ago. I just slotted the
steerer put a seatclamp on it and a seatpost/seat and it was there.

They are not that hard to ride, great fun as well.

It is North who has the Coker wheelman one.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

There's a Green Machine on ebay at the moment if anyone's interested -

http://tinyurl.com/7ofkh

It's collection only North Yorkshire, and I'm broke anyway, so I won't
be bidding, but I'll be keeping an eye out for tricycles in skips. It
sounds a reasonably simple conversion even for someone who failed tech
GSCE.. And I'd love to have one, it was seriously good fun trying
Roger's in Perth, although you definitely meet the floor a lot faster
than off a normal unicycle.

--
bethan
bethan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11263

rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> This is not the best type to go for, the one I found had handlebars so
> the forks worked as a frame.
>
> Roger

Yeah, I had to get a 20" nimbus frame and widen the fork a bit to make
it fit. The bearings are tiny but have plastic casings over them that
with fit in standard uni main-caps. The GM has a 20" wheel.

If by skip you mean dumpster, then I believe that's exactly how
Digitalattrition came by his too, with the same handlebar fork thing.

--
hell-on-wheel

On the other hand, you have different fingers. - Steven Wright
hell-on-wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3425

The bike hub would have the problem of being built to get driver from
only one side, and the axle is stationary, and the unicycle hub has the
problem of being a fully rigid one piece unit.

It would be very hard to convert something like a hub to do a very
different job, such as the free wheel unicycle.

I think that is why the trike wheel does the job so well.

--
innes
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123