Freewheel unicycle

kington99 wrote:
> Most of the freewheel unicycles I've seen use the front hub from a 'Big
> Wheel' or 'Green Machine' tricycle, then all you have to do is modify a
> unicycle frame slightly to fit the new axle.
>
> Try sending a personal message to JohnFoss, he's been involved in
> unicycling a long time and collects historical unicycles, he's probably
> most able to answer your questions.

how do you modify it?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

thejdw wrote:
> how do you modify it?

Well it depends exactly how the trike wheel fixed in to its frame.
Worst case, cut whatever bearing holders the trike had off the trike
frame and weld them on to the legs of a unicycle frame that has had its
bearing holders cut off. A more elegant solution may be possible
depending on exactly what is required and what machining facilities you
have available.

--
kington99

Dave

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
> i am making a frewheeling uni with gears and a brake, not to sure it
> will be rideable but i will definatly give it a godd try, here is a
> link to the thread i started on it...
> http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57929

It'll probebly be like a geiraph so you should be able to
ride it. coastering should prove a challeng though ;)

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
> why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
> forrestunifreak wrote:
> > They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

:D :D 2 unispins landed!:D :D
>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

This is a reply from a similar post...but I think it applies just the
same here.

http://tinyurl.com/ynmut7

Kevin Jones seems to have figured something out...the video's from his
myspace, hit him up...maybe he can steer you in the right direction.
Not a uni, but same concept. Keep in mind that he has super-human
balance(really.), so it prob. won't be as easy to ride as he makes it
look. Be nice if you write him, he's a legend in the sport. Good luck!

--
guster

It like at the circus when you get lost in the crowd, you're happy but
nervous...definite sign that you lost it.
guster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13831

maybe it seems impossible but there is a way to make a freewheel
unicycle on which u can ride forward and backward :), i'm just waiting
for components, that i,ve ordered (isis plugs for cranks :). there'll
be possibility to brake without hand brake :) just keep fingers crossed
and i promise i'll bring it to reality and of course i'll show it to
ya;)

--
citro_1
http://www.usenet.com