freezing fresh pasta in sheets

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Niall Smyth, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Niall Smyth

    Niall Smyth Guest

    Hi all

    I love making fresh pasta but its messy

    I know I can freeze the dough unrolled but can I freeze it rolled out?

    The machine is the messy bit so I want to just take it out of the freezer and cook it

    TIA

    Niall Ireland

    ---

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Niall Smyth wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I love making fresh pasta but its messy
    >
    > I know I can freeze the dough unrolled but can I freeze it rolled out?

    Yes. But keep in mind that it becomes very brittle when frozen. It's also likely to stick together
    if you leave it touching while it thaws. Plastic wrap or wax paper between layers.

    Pastorio

    > The machine is the messy bit so I want to just take it out of the freezer and cook it
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Niall Ireland
    >

    > ---

  3. Paula

    Paula Guest

    roll out your sheets of pasta and sandwich them between parchment paper( so you can easily remove
    just the ammount you require)and then put into a freezer box--like tupperware--. if you do this then
    the pasta sheets stay flat and will not break when frozen.