Sometime in the early '80s French bike manufacturers started switching to British thread and standard British tube diameters.
Here's my question: Is it safe to assume that a French bike with English tube diameters (e.g., 28.6 mm vs. 28.0 mm DT) will also have English threaded BB and headset?
Is it safe to assume that a French bike with English tube diameters (e.g., 28.6 mm vs. 28.0 mm DT) will also have English threaded BB and headset?
No, I don't think so.
My senior project at ODU: Google Groups, then "dgoncz" and some of: ultracapacitor bicycle fluorescent flywheel inverter Equipped with BoBike Mini removable child seat, too!
From: [email hidden] (Art Harris) Is it safe to assume that a French bike with English tube diameters (e.g., 28.6 mm vs. 28.0 mm DT) will also have English threaded BB and headset?
Doug Goncz said:
No, I don't think so.
Why not? Actually, he's probbaly correct. I can't think of a Metric BB bike built with Imperial tube, offhand. But I'm uncertain it's an absoulte. -- Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971