French bike / English thread question

Art Harris

Guest
Sometime in the early '80s French bike manufacturers started switching to British thread and
standard British tube diameters.

Here's my question: Is it safe to assume that a French bike with English tube diameters (e.g., 28.6
mm vs. 28.0 mm DT) will also have English threaded BB and headset?

Thanks, Art Harris

>From: [email protected] (Art Harris)

>Is it safe to assume that a French bike with English tube diameters (e.g., 28.6 mm vs. 28.0 mm DT)
>will also have English threaded BB and headset?

No, I don't think so.

My senior project at ODU: Google Groups, then "dgoncz" and some of: ultracapacitor bicycle
fluorescent flywheel inverter Equipped with BoBike Mini removable child seat, too!

Doug Goncz wrote:
> No, I don't think so.

Why not? Actually, he's probbaly correct. I can't think of a Metric BB bike built with Imperial
tube, offhand. But I'm uncertain it's an absoulte.