French Court Throws out Simeoni v. Lance

bobke said:
Listen, you just don't happen to agree with me.
I have not used the word d-bag in the above post, which you did.
Since I speak fluent French, I can assure you the word douche, as I used it means "shower".
No offense meant.
But since I was referring to Halgand, as moderator is it appropriate for other posters to comment how posters here defending Lance must have brown noses since their "arses" (sic) are stuck up his rear.
**** is an English or Irish right?
This is dangerously close to admitting that you have two nicks bobke... At least that's what I thought when I read it... :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

DV1976 said:
This is dangerously close to admitting that you have two nicks bobke... At least that's what I thought when I read it...
So you noticed that too!
See: http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-20577-15-2.html

Especially posts #24 & #25

In summary - bobke said it was wrong to criticise Tyler unless you could beat him on a bike.
I said that he should therefore not criticise Dave Zabriskie (which bobke has done).
hombredesubaru replied saying that he has not criticised DZ.

musette said:
Simeoni is dumb because (1) with or without LA, Discovery Channel is still a force in the European peloton/ProTour/whatever arrangements there are, (2) everybody in the peloton knows that LA still has a lot of influence over DC and can hold grudges for a long time, and (3) everybody knows that Bruyneel is in frequent contact with LA. So, Simeoni, if he were not at the terrible team he will be at because of his own stupidity, would be shunned by any other ProTour team because they know Discovery Channel will work to prevent Simeoni from winning stages or doing anything of merit. Not only is Simeoni a bad cyclist to begin with, but anybody crazy enough to hire Simeoni would know that Simeoni would be ridden against by the entire Discovery Channel team at all races where DC is present. They also know that recruiting Simeoni would incur negative brownie points from Discovery Channel's perspective, and they don't know when they may need DC's collaboration on something.

Simeoni has made himself unmarketable in the ProTour teams. That's why he was on a worse team in 2005, and probably will not improve his situation in 2006.

Now Simeoni has spent money on French legal fees too :p

Wrong thread musette. Go back to criticising JU and his team.

hombredesubaru said:
Lets all recall a few facts.
Dauphine is televised live in France so hundreds of thousand of people knew Lance had crashed, including the directeurs sportifs on race radio and TV in their cars.
All the riders have radios, so the idea that he was attacking the race leader and didnt know it is a bunch of ****.
The race is not televised live in France in fact its not televised at all.

Tool.

limerickman said:
hombredesubaru wasn't referring to Halgand when he used that term - he was referring to another member here.

I've had to speak to hombredesubaru on this issue before in the past.
I was referring to Miss Patricia Halgand, which is why I used the french vernacular to take a bath.

But this does get us off the point that folks who said Lance was flat out wrong about Halgand attacking, those persons were wrong. Halgand absolutely knew he was attacking and something was not OK with Lance, even after French riders told him not to do so. Why?

whiteboytrash said:
The race is not televised live in France in fact its not televised at all.

Tool.
I recall seeing lots of TV footage from 2003 on OLN.
French 3 covers Dauphine contractually as does Rhone-Alpes TV.
But that is besides the point.

The interview with Halgand clears up what folks here were wrong about.
Halgand knew Lance was not with them and still attacked despite Moreau's warnings. This violates one of the rules of the peloton, you dont attack the race leader if he goes down or is off the back with a mechanical. Right?