French head-Butt song #1 in France, any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
patch70 said:
When a poster criticises Jan, Boonen, McEwen etc, that is seen as criticism of that rider.
But when a poster criticises Armstrong or Landis, that is anti-Americanism and xenophobia.
did you just sat something bad about armstron and/or landis?!!! **** you!!! **** you and the horse you rode in on you anti-american, xenophobic, *******!!!!!!!!!!

SaintAndrew said:
did you just sat something bad about armstron and/or landis?!!! **** you!!! **** you and the horse you rode in on you anti-american, xenophobic, *******!!!!!!!!!!
Clearly I deserve to die like an orphaned Arab child who may well grow up to become a terrorist or maybe look like one.

Several posters here have obviously taken on the George W. Bush style of debating. The "either you are with us or you love the terrorists" stance is quickly converted to "either you love Lance & everything he stands for or else you hate America and its freedom".

bobke said:
I will submit to the readers the following logic.

A song glorifying and memorializing Zidane's headbutt in the world cup is now #1 in France. It is the most popular ringtone for cell phones. It glorifies a misguided sense of French nationalism.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/08/01/headbutt.song/index.html?cnn=yes

At this point, unless Floyd admits or confesses, my stance on this issue is:
Floyd is innocent
Lets all the conspiracy theories stand
Let Oliver Stone make the movie of FLoyd's life
The French are the most unbelievable xenophobes in the world.
They would rather Zidane headbutt the Italian player than lose graciously.

I think Floyd's positve urinse along with the alleged positives for Lance in 1999 are the moral equivalent, they cant lose graciously so they play dirty.

Game over. Floyd walks.
And no, I am not interested in your silly arguments to the contrary.
Please, someone explain a country that makes a descpicable act of violence a number one song. And now tell me you trust the lab and the people storing the urines and the rest.

FLoyd ROCKS!~!!!!

Oh. My. Gosh. This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read. We need an award for this. Do we have awards? We should have awards.

Here's the award: Most ridiculous post ever.
Awarded this day, August 1, 2006 for "French head-Butt song #1 in France, any questions?"

Could we have some polite applause, please?

Thank you.

tcklyde said:
Oh. My. Gosh. This is the most ridiculous post I have ever read. We need an award for this. Do we have awards? We should have awards.

Awarded this day, August 1, 2006 for "French head-Butt song #1 in France, any questions?"

Thank you.
Alright partner...keep on trollin' baby
You know what time it is
(Throw yo hands up)

(Ladies and gentlemen)
Chocolate Bobke
Keep on trollin' baby

Move in now move out
Hands up now hands down
Back up back up
Tell me what you're gonna do now

Breath in now breath out
Hands up now hands down
Back up back up

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin'

SaintAndrew said:

see what he means!

Where's the Liminator when you need him? Get rid of the Backstreet Boys avatar and someone might take you seriously.
SaintAndrew said:
Alright partner...keep on trollin' baby
You know what time it is
(Throw yo hands up)

(Ladies and gentlemen)
Chocolate Bobke
Keep on trollin' baby

Move in now move out
Hands up now hands down
Back up back up

Breath in now breath out
Hands up now hands down
Back up back up

Keep trollin' trollin' trollin' trollin'

SaintAndrew said:
I can't tell if you are doing a parody of mercury99, House, thebluetrain, or bobke. Could you help a brother out and give another clue?

tcklyde said:

Thank you.

Some embarrassed applause.

bobke said:
you think they would have leaned something after the German occupation.
say "...after the NAZI occupation ...", it's better for well educated people and it's more correct!

Define irony...
The most xenophobic person on this forum starts a thread about French xenophobia...

Question to the sociology "expert" that started this thread:
The fact that the "Teletubbies" theme song was no 1 in the UK for 2 weeks implies what exactly about the English?

The song is funny. I have no problem with it.

On the subject of "anti-Americanism", I think you have to give some people a pass for assuming attacks on Landis/Armstrong are based on a level of anti-Americanism. The reason is that some of the posters on this forum have often criticised/insulted those riders on the basis of their American citizenship. WBT is one of the posters who regularly makes an effort to draw lines between Americans and the rest of the world:

lives in Wales (NSW is a state of Australia) and speaks 8 languages.... which is 8 more than most Americans... :p
Geez you American's are hard on your own boys.... you would never hear Australians, the French or Germans speak like
this

I thought America was the country of free speech and independence ? Not from where I'm standing...
Give up on your right-wing patriotism and celebrate those who lead the way.
Although he still didn't win and he had to come third in a intermediately sprint to pick it up.... this is in addition to an American fan stabbing Husvold in the arm in the sprint to stop him from taking any time bonuses.....
That's a small sample of WBT's rhetoric -- took me about 2 minutes to compile it. What is someone to think after reading it -- he loves to insult Americans and exclusively stereotype them as opposed to any of the other 200 countries in the world, so it's fair game to presume that his criticism of American riders is tainted.

Rarely will you hear the names of other riders mentioned in relation to their nationality, and when they are, it is usually in a positive light, as it should be. This does not apply to Americans, apparently. When an American rider is mentioned, particularly a successful one, the comments are often peppered with anti-American stereotypes. If you want your criticism of riders to be taken objectively, then they should be offered neutrally.

poulidor said:
say "...after the NAZI occupation ...", it's better for well educated people and it's more correct!
Wow, besides the extensive PED debate and the occasional mention of cycling, let's open up the issue of the extent to which Nazism has deep roots in German culture vs. being a separate movement! The intellectual level of this forum keeps getting deeper and deeper...

Just what we need to brighten our days in this PED cycling world, the debate on German responsibility for WW2...

poulidor said:
Don't be pedantic. Every French occupier was German, but not all of them were Nazis.

Although many Americans are not members of the party that controls the executive and legislative branches , the war in Iraq is described as an American war, not a Republican war.

rejobako said:
Although many Americans are not members of the party that controls the executive and legislative branches , the war in Iraq is described as an American war, not a Republican war.
Shades of Bob Dole! (political reference understood pretty much only by Americans over a certain age :) )

rejobako said:
The song is funny. I have no problem with it.

On the subject of "anti-Americanism", I think you have to give some people a pass for assuming attacks on Landis/Armstrong are based on a level of anti-Americanism. The reason is that some of the posters on this forum have often criticised/insulted those riders on the basis of their American citizenship. WBT is one of the posters who regularly makes an effort to draw lines between Americans and the rest of the world:

I'll post just to remind people that "anti-Americanism" is not only a bad reason to believe that Landis/Armstrong are dopers, it's not a unique one. I'm American. Born and bred. And I think they're both giant dopers. Along with ninety percent of the peloton.

"attacks on Landis/Armstrong" -- it's the Landis / Armstrong doping and denial that there is a problem that is an attack on the sport. In one American's opinion.

jhuskey said:
Thats actually funny guys.
And thanks for the award for the stupidest post.
I'm all choked up. Cant express what it means, I never won anything before.

But hopefully the posts will get better now that the mother-in-law has left.

I know, cheap shot at mothers-in-law, but I had to blame someone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.