French head-Butt song #1 in France, any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobke

Oct 3, 2004
I will submit to the readers the following logic.

A song glorifying and memorializing Zidane's headbutt in the world cup is now #1 in France. It is the most popular ringtone for cell phones. It glorifies a misguided sense of French nationalism.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/08/01/headbutt.song/index.html?cnn=yes

At this point, unless Floyd admits or confesses, my stance on this issue is:
Floyd is innocent
Lets all the conspiracy theories stand
Let Oliver Stone make the movie of FLoyd's life
The French are the most unbelievable xenophobes in the world.
They would rather Zidane headbutt the Italian player than lose graciously.

I think Floyd's positve urinse along with the alleged positives for Lance in 1999 are the moral equivalent, they cant lose graciously so they play dirty.

Game over. Floyd walks.
And no, I am not interested in your silly arguments to the contrary.
Please, someone explain a country that makes a descpicable act of violence a number one song. And now tell me you trust the lab and the people storing the urines and the rest.

FLoyd ROCKS!~!!!!

Good points and I agree the French are mad because they don’t know how to create real songs like NWA's "F*ck the Police" and allow it to go to number 1..... not to mention the top 10 hits "Real ****az" and "One less bi*ch".... then again "Born in the USA" was a protest song but most of America missed the message and sang it at ball games as pseudo national anthem ! Think the French beat you on the irony front and the how "not to take yourself to seriously” front…

Keep punching !

bobke said:
I will submit to the readers the following logic.

A song glorifying and memorializing Zidane's headbutt in the world cup is now #1 in France. It is the most popular ringtone for cell phones. It glorifies a misguided sense of French nationalism.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/08/01/headbutt.song/index.html?cnn=yes

At this point, unless Floyd admits or confesses, my stance on this issue is:
Floyd is innocent
Lets all the conspiracy theories stand
Let Oliver Stone make the movie of FLoyd's life
The French are the most unbelievable xenophobes in the world.
They would rather Zidane headbutt the Italian player than lose graciously.

I think Floyd's positve urinse along with the alleged positives for Lance in 1999 are the moral equivalent, they cant lose graciously so they play dirty.

Game over. Floyd walks.
And no, I am not interested in your silly arguments to the contrary.
Please, someone explain a country that makes a descpicable act of violence a number one song. And now tell me you trust the lab and the people storing the urines and the rest.

FLoyd ROCKS!~!!!!

whiteboytrash said:
Good points and I agree the French are mad because they don’t know how to create real songs like NWA's "F*ck the Police" and allow it to go to number 1..... not to mention the top 10 hits "Real ****az" and "One less bi*ch".... then again "Born in the USA" was a protest song but most of America missed the message and sang it at ball games as pseudo national anthem ! Think the French beat you on the irony front and the how "not to take yourself to seriously” front…

Keep punching !
I listen to more opera than rap so I cant trade punches with you there.
But if you think for a minute that the song is number one because the French love subtley and irony...you are deeply misguided.

Watch out, it's the head-butt dance!
(Head-butt, head-butt)
Head-butt to the right
(Head-butt, head-butt)
Head-butt to the left
(Head-butt, head-butt)

Go, Bleus, Go!
Zidane, he hit [him], Zidane, he slapped (him)
(Head-butt, head-butt. Head-butt, head-butt)

The guido, he was hurt
Zidane hit (him)
The Italian is not doing well
Zidane slapped (him)
The referee saw it on TV
Zidane hit (him)
But we lost the World Cup
We had a good laugh anyway

The true meaning of the song is lost in translation... ;)

bobke said:
I listen to more opera than rap so I cant trade punches with you there.
But if you think for a minute that the song is number one because the French love subtley and irony...you are deeply misguided.

Watch out, it's the head-butt dance!
(Head-butt, head-butt)
Head-butt to the right
(Head-butt, head-butt)
Head-butt to the left
(Head-butt, head-butt)

Go, Bleus, Go!
Zidane, he hit [him], Zidane, he slapped (him)
(Head-butt, head-butt. Head-butt, head-butt)

The guido, he was hurt
Zidane hit (him)
The Italian is not doing well
Zidane slapped (him)
The referee saw it on TV
Zidane hit (him)
But we lost the World Cup
We had a good laugh anyway

"Nationalism can be played by the crudest hand", an old maxim.

Bobke...............You win.

But to put things into perspective.......Who makes a "pop" song number 1?

Children and 20 year old morons, not responsible adults with jobs.............I hope.

When Bob the Builder went to number 1 in britain, americans didn't understand that either. Its all about irony.

Ullefan said:
When Bob the Builder went to number 1 in britain, americans didn't understand that either. Its all about irony.
Yes, how dare the French have a sense of humour? That is un-American of them!

The french understand a mindless summer anthem whhen they hear it nd besides soccer appeals to the lowest common denominator nd isn't to be taken seriously either.

One point is that it strikes me as curious that bobke imagines a throwaway song about the adventures of a maghrabine arab illustrates french zenophobia.

that said Vive la france !!!

patch70 said:
Yes, how dare the French have a sense of humour? That is un-American of them!
Wow, I missed the humor since it was wrapped in violence and racism.

the "guido" he was hurt...

we had a good time anyway...

what is humorous about violence erupting in the midst of a regulated game?

Oh, wow, you guys are so smart and sophisticated, because you see irony and humor where a simple uneducated American sees violence, aggression, and xenophobia masked by nationalism and wrapped in the French flag...you think they would have leaned something after the German occupation.

is attacking an entire nation because a US rider got caught cheating a well placed sense of nationalism?

1.) the #1 french song is about a soccer headbut
2.) ??
3.) therefore, Landis is innocent

I'm having problem with step #2... will you just explain that part again. :confused:

It is a joke. Actually it's a parody of a song created before the world cup, which said 'Zidane il a marqué' (Zidane scored). The song looked obviously stupid after the finals, and some smartasses had this idea of changing the lyrics to do a new song.
It's a really poor joke, but it is one.

WINGNUTT said:
1.) the #1 french song is about a soccer headbut
2.) ??
3.) therefore, Landis is innocent

I'm having problem with step #2... will you just explain that part again. :confused:
phase 1) collect underpants
phase 2)
phase 3) profit

You forgot to mention the all time #1 "real song" to be created in England, Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy". :p

whiteboytrash said:

Keep punching !

I could care less about the song and I doubt seriously that the French are trying to set Landis up, what I do see just about every day here on this website is a dislike of America and when ever possible folks like to take a stab at her.

azdroptop said:
I could care less about the song and I doubt seriously that the French are trying to set Landis up, what I do see just about every day here on this website is a dislike of America and when ever possible folks like to take a stab at her.
When a poster criticises Jan, Boonen, McEwen etc, that is seen as criticism of that rider.
But when a poster criticises Armstrong or Landis, that is anti-Americanism and xenophobia.

patch70 said:
When a poster criticises Jan, Boonen, McEwen etc, that is seen as criticism of that rider.
But when a poster criticises Armstrong or Landis, that is anti-Americanism and xenophobia.
I'm not talking about what is said about this rider or that one. It's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.