French Lawyers suggest Death Penalty for Lance

Dude get real..........LA has no problem with the french in general.....there are always A-holes in each country!!!!!

He has a fight with the french press (Le Monde, and now L'Equipe)......that's it!!!!!!!!!

hombredesubaru said:
OK, here's the source on why I pose the situation as the French vs Lance--because HE thinks so:

What's the most objectionable thing about this affair?

"Where to start, where to start...I don't know. It's been a long love-hate relationship between myself and the French and I don't know what would encourage somebody to do something like this or even think about doing something like this.

L'Equipe has changed their position towards cycling, I think, in the last 6-12 months and they've taken a very aggressive, sensational approach. Obviously, this is great business for them.

Armstrong revealed he spoke to Leblanc earlier on Wednesday, saying, "I actually spoke to him for about 30 minutes and he didn't say any of that stuff to me personally."

liamo said:
Hombre
If Lance equates l'Equipe with France, or even the French media in general with the French, he is misguided, so why would you follow his lead. Bashing France or the US or Texas doesn't help the discussion as to whether Armstrong is being stitched up by L'Equipe or whether L'Equipe is correct - that was my point
It's probably just easier for Lance to say "the French" than "the ass-sucking corrupt and slanderous French media, their love-puppets ASO and the ***** JM LeBlanc, the ridiculous laughing stock French justice system who did a complete investigation of me and my team for over two years, tested everything they could find, found nothing then never had the balls to come out and announce it like a grand jury would exonerate someone in the US"--that's kinda longwinded, so he says "the French"...so in the future I will be more exact in language...but if a judiciary, police, doping agency, press all gang up, it seems clear what we're talking about

Here's what Lance says:

What was your impression following your phone call with Jean-Marie:

"I asked him to put himself in my position. We all know the history here. You know my history with the French. You know my history with the French media, the French Ministry of Sport, the organizers, the labs, the prosecutors, the police, etc. It has been a witch hunt. That was not just a catch phrase to put in the press release to be at the headline. I think all of us are smart enough to know that this has been going on for a long time, close to a decade.

Death penalty is the capital offence or the capital sentence? I' m asking I don't know.

hombredesubaru said:
It's probably just easier for Lance to say "the French" than "the ass-sucking corrupt and slanderous French media, their love-puppets ASO and the ***** JM LeBlanc, the ridiculous laughing stock French justice system who did a complete investigation of me and my team for over two years, tested everything they could find, found nothing then never had the balls to come out and announce it like a grand jury would exonerate someone in the US"--that's kinda longwinded, so he says "the French"...so in the future I will be more exact in language...but if a judiciary, police, doping agency, press all gang up, it seems clear what we're talking about

First things first.

ASO except of the TdF organizer is also the owner of L'Equipe and Velo Magazine (Dakar rallye organizer etc.). That's a clue suitable enough to claim that there's a conspiracy from ASO and L'Equipe. Unfortunately, that doesn't work (for me at least) because this story means damage to the Tour itself.
LeBlanc as a high CEO executive cares not only for the race as a sport event but also for the financial part of it.
A doping scandal during the Tour 99 was not an option (whoever was to be the "guilty-party") Lance's win in the 99 tour was a relief. The champion who returned from the death was the right ingredient for the return to success. He also brought the US fans. Leblanc was thrilled from it.
What was next?
Pantani to the Tour? No way! He's a doper and a possible contender. A prologue? Better a time trial (Futuroscope, Noirmoutier). What about a mountail time trial? Team time trial? (even with the rule handicap of the last two years) I mean, if there's a person who cannot have any complaints about Leblanc or ASO, this person is Lance.
And even though L' Equipe was never friendly, Velo magazine was rather a true supporter.
Is ASO a schizophrenic company? Well, it seems there is a lot of independence in each separate company given that each one is thriving in its sector.

And about the ridiculous French judiciary system. It's the same that caught Voet, Rumsas and Frigo. That made the whole Festina team plea guilty, even Virenque who stubbornly refused for a year and a half that he wasn't doped. The same that caught firstly a Cofidis soigneur and ended up with more staff and riders. Millar not only confessed, he went all the way, revealing that he was doped even one year previous the time he was caught. You can't achieve these being ridiculous and biased.

Dimos said:
First things first.

ASO except of the TdF organizer is also the owner of L'Equipe and Velo Magazine (Dakar rallye organizer etc.). That's a clue suitable enough to claim that there's a conspiracy from ASO and L'Equipe. Unfortunately, that doesn't work (for me at least) because this story means damage to the Tour itself.
LeBlanc as a high CEO executive cares not only for the race as a sport event but also for the financial part of it.
A doping scandal during the Tour 99 was not an option (whoever was to be the "guilty-party") Lance's win in the 99 tour was a relief. The champion who returned from the death was the right ingredient for the return to success. He also brought the US fans. Leblanc was thrilled from it.
What was next?
Pantani to the Tour? No way! He's a doper and a possible contender. A prologue? Better a time trial (Futuroscope, Noirmoutier). What about a mountail time trial? Team time trial? (even with the rule handicap of the last two years) I mean, if there's a person who cannot have any complaints about Leblanc or ASO, this person is Lance.
And even though L' Equipe was never friendly, Velo magazine was rather a true supporter.
Is ASO a schizophrenic company? Well, it seems there is a lot of independence in each separate company given that each one is thriving in its sector.

And about the ridiculous French judiciary system. It's the same that caught Voet, Rumsas and Frigo. That made the whole Festina team plea guilty, even Virenque who stubbornly refused for a year and a half that he wasn't doped. The same that caught firstly a Cofidis soigneur and ended up with more staff and riders. Millar not only confessed, he went all the way, revealing that he was doped even one year previous the time he was caught. You can't achieve these being ridiculous and biased.

Are you suggesting that the two year ordeal Lance amd USPS went through
was
1. timely and speedy to protect the accused
2. fair and even handed
3. open so that when no incriminating evidence was found those results were quickly and loudly disseminated
4. procedurally competent

hombredesubaru said:
Are you suggesting that the two year ordeal Lance amd USPS went through
was
1. timely and speedy to protect the accused
2. fair and even handed
3. open so that when no incriminating evidence was found those results were quickly and loudly disseminated
4. procedurally competent

Hombre
You don't seem to be picking up on this, but you seem to have an issue with the French in general, that was my original point, re-iterated on several occasions an backed up by others. If you **** off an entire nation because you have issues with actions undertaken by certain of its cititzens or institutions, do you expect to be taken seriously? Would you want to be held to task for all actions taken by your compatriots? Your passion for your hero is admirable, but lay off the xenophobia as this undermines your argument.

liamo said:
Hombre
You don't seem to be picking up on this, but you seem to have an issue with the French in general, that was my original point, re-iterated on several occasions an backed up by others. If you **** off an entire nation because you have issues with actions undertaken by certain of its cititzens or institutions, do you expect to be taken seriously? Would you want to be held to task for all actions taken by your compatriots? Your passion for your hero is admirable, but lay off the xenophobia as this undermines your argument.

Ummm

there is nothing even mentioned anout France in my above post.
Try responding to the point.
You cannot, that's the problem.
Certain individuals have been on a witchunt re Lance and they cant give it up.
Thats the problem.
There's nothing xenophobic in that is there?

hombredesubaru said:
Ummm

there is nothing even mentioned anout France in my above post.
Try responding to the point.
You cannot, that's the problem.
Certain individuals have been on a witchunt re Lance and they cant give it up.
Thats the problem.
There's nothing xenophobic in that is there?

Hombre

Could I direct you to most of the above posts in this thread - and your comments in the Larry King thread -

"The French are quite glad for you to save their race then **** on your departure.
Screw them.
I will NEVER go back and watch the tour or spend the thousands of dollars I did on hotels, food, wine, prostitutes ooops sorry, bike souvenirs etc etc
Will they do a poll in France whether the Public has fallen for this yellow dog journalism.
No, they only do that in free countries."

or to your reply to Ullefan from the same thread

"Perhpas English is not your first language because you seem to have trouble with understanding simple concepts"

Perhaps, but not as much trouble as you appear to have in understanding that the rest of the World isn't exactly like the US and for a lot of us that is not necessarily always a bad thing.