French team

sylvain007

Mar 12, 2003
Do you think that French Team come become the first as by the past, with Rousseau, Tournant, Gané and Bourgain?

While being a very patriotic Australian I would like to think that we will dominate track cycling for many years to come. The reallity is that France has a great deal of depth in its younger cyclists and it is only a matter of time before France dominates again. France is already making great improvement.

i think Australia has as much depth if not more than France. Just look at the junior track worlds this yr. Australia picked up the most medals (equal with Russia) and had as many 1st yr u19 riders as they did 2nd yr riders. This shows awesome depth and will contribute greatly to our dominance in yrs to come. Sorry France :p We dominate the teams pursuit (with up to eight riders vying for positions on the team) at the moment and are right up there in the teams sprint (with another 5-6 riders racing for 3 spots on this team)

Being a sprinter myself I tend to focus on those disciplines. While we in Australia have great juniors, the French (as history has shown) tend to improve dramatically when they change to the senior ranks. We Aussies (as much as I hate to say it) tend (with a few exceptions) not to improve as much as seniors. That is the only reason why I made the previous statement.