French teams protest by not starting promptly.

RonSonic

Guest
Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

Ron

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?
>
> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

My take is simply:

They're just saying they're ****** off at the drug/doping/etc. ****.

Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.

-Bob

On Jul 25, 12:26 pm, Hell and High Water <[email protected]>
wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>

> > Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

> > I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
> > about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

> My take is simply:
>
> They're just saying they're ****** off at the drug/doping/etc. ****.
>
> Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.
>
> -Bob

Big improvement over 98 and 96, when the riders were protesting the
drug testing. Now they are protesting the drug users.

In article <[email protected]>,
Hell and High Water <[email protected]> wrote:
>My take is simply:
>
>They're just saying they're ****** off at the drug/doping/etc. ****.
>

>Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.

And one of those protesting today, Cristian Moreni of Cofidis, has
been announced as positive for testosterone. Will ASO ask Cofidis, a
French team, to leave the Tour?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/news/?id=/news/2007/jul07/jul25news5

--
Mike Iglesias Email: [email protected]
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:

> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
the Landis way. Luckyly the sponsor has alredy announced that the wont
continue.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

On Jul 25, 10:03 am, [email protected] (Mike Iglesias) wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Hell and High Water <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >My take is simply:

What's he gonna do, ride around his teammates and give them the
Italian salute as he passes by?

Hell and High Water <[email protected]> writes:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>>

>> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?
>>
>> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were they upset
>> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

> My take is simply:
>
> They're just saying they're ****** off at the drug/doping/etc. ****.
>

> Not to get anything done, just to let the fans know they don't like it.

But it as really chaotic at the start this morning

The video coverage was unbelievable

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

"Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...
> RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

>> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were
>> they upset
>> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

> Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
> two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
> the Landis way.

Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

>Luckyly the sponsor has alredy announced that the wont
> continue.
>

> --
> Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
>
> Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

On Jul 25, 10:45 am, Davey Crockett <[email protected]>
wrote:

> The video coverage was unbelievable
>
> --
> Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply

Quite noteworthy to see how Rasmussen was one of the first riders to
ignore the protest (and how the rest of his team sheepishly followed
him...eventually).

Montesquiou wrote:

> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
> news: [email protected]...
> > RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

> >> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were
> >> they upset
> >> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

> > Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
> > two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
> > the Landis way.

> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

Protesting rider on a French team.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

"Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news: [email protected]...
> Montesquiou wrote:
>
>> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
>> news: [email protected]...

>> > Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
>> > two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
>> > the Landis way.

>> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

> Protesting rider on a French team.

Are you telling he was an italian protesting in a french team ?
Merci, now I understand better.

> --
> Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
>
> Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

in message <[email protected]>, RonSonic
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?
>
> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were
> they upset about and in what way was this action going to affect that
> condition?

They were upset about dirty rotten cheats taking drugs. There was nothing
at all hypocritical about Cofidis taking part in this demonstration...

.::;===r==\
/ /___||___\____
//==\- ||- | /__\( MS Windows IS an operating environment.
//____\__||___|_// \|: C++ IS an object oriented programming language.
\__/ ~~~~~~~~~ \__/ Citroen 2cv6 IS a four door family saloon.

in message <[email protected]>, <Montesquiou> ('')
wrote:

> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
> de news: [email protected]...
>> RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?

>>> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were
>>> they upset
>>> about and in what way was this action going to affect that condition?

>> Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
>> two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
>> the Landis way.

> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

No, no. French riders are clean. It was an Italian rider on a French team.

The obvious solution to cleaning up the Tour is simply to ban all
non-French riders.

;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.

Montesquiou wrote:

> >> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

> > Protesting rider on a French team.
> >

> Are you telling he was an italian protesting in a french team ?

In case you haven't noticed, French teams do employ riders of none
French nationality. They've done it for years.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

"Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> in message <[email protected]>, <Montesquiou> ('')
> wrote:
>
>> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a crit dans le message
>> de news: [email protected]...

>>> Same old story. The french teams where protesting against racing at
>>> two speeds. Incidently one of the protesting riders testet positive
>>> the Landis way.

>> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

> No, no. French riders are clean. It was an Italian rider on a French team.
>
> The obvious solution to cleaning up the Tour is simply to ban all
> non-French riders.

I don't agree with you, the problem is not non-French ( or non-German) but
to ban those from a no-clean federation.
This pro-doped federations are some years late,
US, Kazak, DK are large enough for to have their own tour, it is not ?

> --
> [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> ;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.

<Montesquiou> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I don't agree with you, the problem is not non-French ( or non-German) but
> to ban those from a no-clean federation.
> This pro-doped federations are some years late,
> US, Kazak, DK are large enough for to have their own tour, it is not ?

The real question is why the media and ASO of all people, are making a
laughing stock out of cycling. Anyone with the sense to understand basic
finance would know that you don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

As I pointed out yesterday, competitive professional Ballroom Dancing
suspended at least one person for not passing the "performance enhancing
drug tests". So how could you even suggest that drugs aren't something that
is an ongoing problem in the hardest of all sports?

We have to develop means to find and exclude the dopers but not to destroy
the sport because there are cheaters. There will always be cheaters in every
human endevor - noticed politicians?

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:20:21 +0100, Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

>in message <[email protected]>, RonSonic
>('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> Could someone explain to me exactly what this was about, please?
>>
>> I guess I'm neither French nor much of a protestor. What exactly were
>> they upset about and in what way was this action going to affect that
>> condition?

>They were upset about dirty rotten cheats taking drugs. There was nothing
>at all hypocritical about Cofidis taking part in this demonstration...

Oh, good. I was worried about that.

I'm fairly sure the dopers weren't impressed.

Ron

Montesquiou wrote:

> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
> > in message <[email protected]>, <Montesquiou> ('')
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> a crit dans le message
> >> de news: [email protected]...

> >> Are you telling he was a French protesting rider ?

> > No, no. French riders are clean. It was an Italian rider on a French team.
> >
> > The obvious solution to cleaning up the Tour is simply to ban all
> > non-French riders.
> >

> I don't agree with you, the problem is not non-French ( or non-German) but
> to ban those from a no-clean federation.
> This pro-doped federations are some years late,
> US, Kazak, DK are large enough for to have their own tour, it is not ?

Spain? Appart from Operation Puerto, spainish riders and athletes in
genreal a very rare to test positive. Secondly doping seems to be a
non issue in the spanish press.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

"Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Montesquiou wrote:
>
>> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> [email protected]...
>> > in message <[email protected]>, <Montesquiou>
>> > ('')

>> > No, no. French riders are clean. It was an Italian rider on a French
>> > team.
>> >
>> > The obvious solution to cleaning up the Tour is simply to ban all
>> > non-French riders.
>> >

>> I don't agree with you, the problem is not non-French ( or non-German)
>> but
>> to ban those from a no-clean federation.
>> This pro-doped federations are some years late,
>> US, Kazak, DK are large enough for to have their own tour, it is not ?

> Spain? Appart from Operation Puerto, spainish riders and athletes in
> genreal a very rare to test positive. Secondly doping seems to be a
> non issue in the spanish press.

I am sure they talk much more in DK about doping, and with good
reason, as it seems that all danish cyclist of any note (3 or 4?) have been
big time dopers.

- Bo Hamburger, first to be detected by an EPO test.
- Mr 64. now selfadmited after a decade of hypocrisy.
- Toasted chicken. We'll hear about his adventures in Italy
now that he is a pariath. Maybe he will
confess himself like Jan or writes a book. If he is proven to
have doped he is going to have a problem to live in Garda anylonger.

So there have been three guys you could root for in the last 20 years and
they all have turned out to be spam... I even used to be a MR fan till
this year and I saw his TT (amazing for someone that still TTrials
zigzaging).

As for the spanish guys. Yes, of course some have doped too. Some may have
even stopped recently. I personally feel quite reasured about their
performance this
year. Yes, maybe even Contador has dopend in the past. But if we put his
performance
relative to what was going on in Disco in Lance's years, I think you can be
quite
confident that the kid has some class too. Remeber when the whole Disco
could
hang with Lance and the others till the first part of the last climb? Those
were the good times!!

You know, doping is illegal in Spain (and Italy and France) now , unlike
DK, DE, and other nordic
Hubris zealots. Concentrate on cleaning your own kicken, you need it more
than anybody.

Alex Beascoechea <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Morten Reippuert Knudsen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Montesquiou wrote:
> >
> >> "Simon Brooke" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> >> [email protected]...

> >> I don't agree with you, the problem is not non-French ( or non-German)
> >> but
> >> to ban those from a no-clean federation.
> >> This pro-doped federations are some years late,
> >> US, Kazak, DK are large enough for to have their own tour, it is not ?

> > Spain? Appart from Operation Puerto, spainish riders and athletes in
> > genreal a very rare to test positive. Secondly doping seems to be a
> > non issue in the spanish press.
> >

> I am sure they talk much more in DK about doping, and with good
> reason, as it seems that all danish cyclist of any note (3 or 4?) have been
> big time dopers.

> - Bo Hamburger, first to be detected by an EPO test.
> - Mr 64. now selfadmited after a decade of hypocrisy.
> - Toasted chicken.

You can add the belove mentioned names to the list - They have all
either admited, been exposed or convicted for doping. Arround 3/4 of
every dansih pro cyclist up until ca 2001.

Knud Enemark (Died prior to Simpson in 100km TTT at the Olympics)
Mogens Frey
Ole Ritter
Rolf Sørensen
Jesper Skibye
Brian Holm
Kim Andersen
Jesper Worre
Per Pedersen
Jøren V Pedersen
Nicholaj Bo Larsen
Lars Michaelsen
Jørgen Markussen
Thomas Bay
Jacob Piil
Nicky Sørensen
Peter Meinert
Hans Henrik Ørsted
Allan Johansen
Lennie Kristensen
Michael Blautzun
Johnny Weltz

add a large amount of amatour racers, track racers and other pro's
whos names i can't rember or don't know.

The only ones i can reasonably say didn't dope are:

Kim Eriksen
Leif Mortensen
Søren Lilholt
Alex Petersen
Kim Markusen
Jens Veggerby
Frank Høj
Kenneth Weltz
Christian Andersen

> As for the spanish guys. Yes, of course some have doped too. Some may have
> even stopped recently. I personally feel quite reasured about their
> performance this year. Yes, maybe even Contador has dopend in the
> past. But if we put his performance relative to what was going on
> in Disco in Lance's years, I think you can be quite confident that
> the kid has some class too. Remeber when the whole Disco could hang
> with Lance and the others till the first part of the last climb? Those
> were the good times!!

> You know, doping is illegal in Spain (and Italy and France) now , unlike
> DK, DE, and other nordic

True, in a nordic courtroom inflicting damage to yourself isn't a
crime. You can dope, do drugs, prostitute yourself and even kill
yourself without beeing prosecuted.

However it's illigal to inflict damage to other people, thereas it's
illigal to distribute or sell drugs, aid other people in doping or
doing drugs and it has been for the majority of a century.

Secondly its imposible to buy a drug or doping product without a
pescription. I'd bet comming from just about any other country in
europe you would find any danish, norwegian or swedish farmecist to be
painfully rigid.

> Hubris zealots. Concentrate on cleaning your own kicken, you need it more
> than anybody.

Wanna bet that it's waaaayy easier to obtain EPO, kortizone,
growthhormone or testesterone in Spain than obtaining either of those
drugs in Denmark, Norway or Sweeden?

We can even include drugs like penecilin, antibiotica, subatmol or
even codein.