French tires?

Pete Russell

Guest
I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

>From: "Pete Russell"

>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

For chrissake, here we go again. George F. Johnson A veteran for peace

In article <[email protected]>, Pete Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

It is the law (in the US) that country of origin be stamped on the goods. Check label when handing
over the cash.

Maybe you get warm fuzzy from China instead? Enjoy.

--Paul

Pete Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
> believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

Michelin tyres notice the correct spelling are indeed made in france but I don't know about others
however I don't understand why you'd like to use chinese or german tyres instead when are you going
to ship the statue of liberty back to france?

-as

Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with a country that sells
equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are at war with.

Pete an anti war pro USA citizen

PS.I said nothing in my origonal post about the war maby I want to stay away form french products
just because they are rude self centered people in general.

news:[email protected]...

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with a country that sells
> equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are at war with.

Is Lance Armstrong a traitor? He said he would race in the Tour de France, war or no war. Should
Bush let him back in the US if he wins the Tour?

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
> believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

Try Continentals, from Germany, or Panaracers, from Japan. By the way, proper nouns are capitalized
(e.g., "******"; "Mao"; "Stalin"; "Limbaugh") and the plural form of set is sets, you
knuckle-dragging droolie.

Nice twist. I can respect that.

Mike - Of course I just ordered two Mavic rims today.

Alexey Merz wrote:
> "Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?
>

> Try Continentals, from Germany, or Panaracers, from Japan. By the way, proper nouns are
> capitalized (e.g., "******"; "Mao"; "Stalin"; "Limbaugh") and the plural form of set is sets, you
> knuckle-dragging droolie.

The problem is that neither Germany nor Japan produce oil. The tires are made mostly from petroleum
products that are most likely originated from Saudi or Russia or even Iraq under Saddam's rule, and
the rubber from Malaysia, which is also sympathetic to the Iraqi regime. Even if the petroleum is
from the North Sea, the electricity used to run the production line may still be generated from the
oil from those questionable countries. Tough decisions indeed.

Just buy the Michelins and call them Freedom Tires.

Or stick to tires made by the Coalition of the Willing.

Choose from the fine products produced by Eritrea, Uganda , Estonia, Iceland, Uzbekistan,
Afghanistan, Solomon Islands, Ethiopia, Micronesia, Palau, Mongolia, Honduras...