French tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete Russell

I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

>From: "Pete Russell"

>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

For chrissake, here we go again. George F. Johnson A veteran for peace

In article <[email protected]>, Pete Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

It is the law (in the US) that country of origin be stamped on the goods. Check label when handing
over the cash.

Maybe you get warm fuzzy from China instead? Enjoy.

--Paul

Pete Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
> believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

Michelin tyres notice the correct spelling are indeed made in france but I don't know about others
however I don't understand why you'd like to use chinese or german tyres instead when are you going
to ship the statue of liberty back to france?

-as

Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with a country that sells
equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are at war with.

Pete an anti war pro USA citizen

PS.I said nothing in my origonal post about the war maby I want to stay away form french products
just because they are rude self centered people in general.

"George F. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >From: "Pete Russell"
>
> >I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
> >believe Michelin are made in france are any
others?
>
> For chrissake, here we go again. George F. Johnson A veteran for peace

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with a country that sells
> equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are at war with.

Is Lance Armstrong a traitor? He said he would race in the Tour de France, war or no war. Should
Bush let him back in the US if he wins the Tour?

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
> believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

Try Continentals, from Germany, or Panaracers, from Japan. By the way, proper nouns are capitalized
(e.g., "******"; "Mao"; "Stalin"; "Limbaugh") and the plural form of set is sets, you
knuckle-dragging droolie.

Nice twist. I can respect that.

Mike - Of course I just ordered two Mavic rims today.

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with
a
> country that sells equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are
> at war with.
>
> Pete an anti war pro USA citizen
>
> PS.I said nothing in my origonal post about the war maby I want to stay away form french products
> just because they are rude self centered people in general.
>
>
> "George F. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >From: "Pete Russell"
> >
> > >I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay
away
> > >from any french brands I believe Michelin are made in france are any
> others?
> >
> > For chrissake, here we go again. George F. Johnson A veteran for peace

Alexey Merz wrote:
> "Pete Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?
>
>
> Try Continentals, from Germany, or Panaracers, from Japan. By the way, proper nouns are
> capitalized (e.g., "******"; "Mao"; "Stalin"; "Limbaugh") and the plural form of set is sets, you
> knuckle-dragging droolie.

The problem is that neither Germany nor Japan produce oil. The tires are made mostly from petroleum
products that are most likely originated from Saudi or Russia or even Iraq under Saddam's rule, and
the rubber from Malaysia, which is also sympathetic to the Iraqi regime. Even if the petroleum is
from the North Sea, the electricity used to run the production line may still be generated from the
oil from those questionable countries. Tough decisions indeed.

Just buy the Michelins and call them Freedom Tires.

Or stick to tires made by the Coalition of the Willing.

Choose from the fine products produced by Eritrea, Uganda , Estonia, Iceland, Uzbekistan,
Afghanistan, Solomon Islands, Ethiopia, Micronesia, Palau, Mongolia, Honduras...

> believe Michelin are made in france are any
others?

In response to:

>>I was just about to buy a few set's of new tires and wanted to stay away from any french brands I
>>believe Michelin are made in france are any others?

Antti Salonen wrote:

>Michelin tyres notice the correct spelling are indeed made in france but I don't know about others
>however I don't understand why you'd like to use chinese or german tyres instead when are you going
>to ship the statue of liberty back to france? [snip]

Spelling flames are generally the lowest form of newsgroup posting, though they are sometimes
amusing, when, as in this case, the flame itself contains errors.

However, beyond the question of correct capitalization of proper nouns, Salonen's posting appears to
refer to the spelling of "tire" vs. "tyre."

Educated English speakers are aware that there are different spelling conventions and word usages in
different English speaking countries.

A narrow-minded minority, however, seem to believe that the convention used where they live is the
only "correct" one and that people from other countries, following the established rules they were
taught in school, are somehow "incorrect."

This attitude is bigoted and chauvinistic, and right-thinking people of all nationalities find it
offensive.

Sheldon "Touchy On This Point" Brown Newtonville, Massachusetts
+-----------------------------------------------------+
| He is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs | of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.
| | --George Bernard Shaw |
+-----------------------------------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
http://captainbike.com http://sheldonbrown.com

In article <[email protected]>, Alexey Merz <[email protected]> wrote:

>Try Continentals, from Germany, or Panaracers, from Japan. By the way,

The heck with those--I'm still sore over WWII. Nothing but Dunlops for my bike!!!

--
---
Eric Holeman Chicago Illinois USA

Again :-( ..... a "patriot" targeting France ?!?

Better leave politics to politicians...and talk Cycling!

Following Pete Russell's "logic", should every one or nations respectfull of United Nations and
international law boycott or ban american or british made products ??? Dont forget that France's
position and opposition to the present invasion war of Irak, is also shared by Germany, Russia,
China, Canada, and most nations of the World ! France is not alone, oh no!

Dear Pete, may be you should buy only "american made" products...because most nations do not support
the war against Irak... By the way, would you also like those opposed to the present war to ban or
boycott american made products worldwide ????

All my life, I've been pro-american, I like America...but...I do believe that this war is a great
mistake. It will fuels new terrorists actions against the free world, from Middle East and from Asia
and... :-(

Very very sad war for the World and for our future....

You dont want to ride with French tires Pete ?!? It's up to you. Go ahead if its your way to heal
your political frustration ... us, real cyclists will ride and enjoy best products, whether there
are from France, Irak or Mars....because cycling makes a better life.

Again, leave politics to politicians....and enjoy peacefull cycling

J.Ouellet Quebec,Canada

"Pete Russell" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message news:
[email protected]...
> believe Michelin are made in france are any
others?

wel sed Shelson. U are kwite rite!

But seriously you are. We hear this nonsense about correct pronounciation of English. Correct says
who? "Received" pronounciation in England is dying out. What will be correct then? The answer is
that there is nothing correct, but there are standard pronounciations and standard grammars.

e.g. In Cork working class English you hear

I does you do he do we do ye do they do.

Now you say. That's wrong. You are wrong. It's dialect and such is found in many English cities.
English tends to be intolerant of dialects, but that's English's loss. In the Irish language, which
incidentally is the oldest written language in Western Europe and has a vast medieval literature,
and is unfortunately dying, there is an artificial standard grammar, but in fact there are 4
grammars in four major dialects, within each of which variations are not only quite signficicant but
are admired.

I am pro-American in this war and am generally pro-American apart from the appalling **** they
market as fast food and inflict on an unwitting world.

However, this boycotting of French goods in the longterm is childish.

Old saying,

Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> However, beyond the question of correct capitalization of proper nouns, Salonen's posting appears
> to refer to the spelling of "tire" vs. "tyre."
>
> Educated English speakers are aware that there are different spelling conventions and word usages
> in different English speaking countries.
>
> A narrow-minded minority, however, seem to believe that the convention used where they live is the
> only "correct" one and that people from other countries, following the established rules they were
> taught in school, are somehow "incorrect."

My posting was a late-at-night attempt on humour, and I agree it might not have been very
successful. I was trying to point out the lack of punctuation in the original poster's posting,
among other things. English is not my first language and I definitely don't beleive that one
spelling convention is better than others. If somebody was offended by my posting I wish to
apologize.

-as

> Well if you are a veteran for peace I would think you would be upset with
a
> country that sells equipment including nuclear supplies and gives moral support to someone we are
> at war with.

What sort of propaganda are you being fed now?

Iraq has been sneaking out supplies from many countries. What are these nuclear supplies? Last I
heard was precision aluminum tubing.

Remember who was supplying him when he was building his dictatorship.

The fast food **** is only marketed because some buys it, same as all the Chinese made junk being
sold at Wal-Mart in the U.S., Don't buy it and it will rot on the shelf.

I boycott Chinese products where possible mainly because it's junk, not because of politics.
However, I feel Europe is the world leader in nationality boycotts, France and Germany in
particular.

Hutchinson tires are also French made, very good tires, except prone to rubber crack with very
little age.

"Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am pro-American in this war and am generally pro-American apart from the appalling **** they
> market as fast food and inflict on an unwitting world.
>
> However, this boycotting of French goods in the longterm is childish.
>
> Old saying,
>
> Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.