French Vacation

monsterman

Apr 23, 2005
I have finally got around to posting up a few pikkies from a cycling trip in France in late June this year. Hope this link works - http://tinyurl.com/2wefv8

I'd like to say thanks Carl Brewer at ABOC Coaching (aka Bleve of course) for helping me get into reasonable shape for some very tough long climbs. All those pre-dawn 20 min E1 intervals at Murrarie crit circuit and the countless hours of Mt Coot-tha and Mt Gravatt reps certainly paid off.

Nothing out here comes close to climbing these mythical cols.

Next trip - the Dolomites (just don't tell the wife ... .... ...):D

On Jul 30, 2:19 pm, monsterman <monsterman.2ui...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> I have finally got around to posting up a few pikkies from a cycling
> trip in France in late June this year. Hope this link works -
> *http://tinyurl.com/2wefv8*
>
> I'd like to say thanks Carl Brewer at ABOC Coaching (aka Bleve of
> course) for helping me get into reasonable shape for some very tough
> long climbs. All those pre-dawn 20 min E1 intervals at Murrarie crit
> circuit and the countless hours of Mt Coot-tha and Mt Gravatt reps
> certainly paid off.
>
> Nothing out here comes close to climbing these mythical cols.
>
> Next trip - the Dolomites (just don't tell the wife ... .... ...):D
>
> --
> monsterman

Wow, awesome. Looks like fantastic fun! I'd love to have a crack at
cycle touring, think I might have to work my way up to what you did
though.

monsterman said:
I have finally got around to posting up a few pikkies from a cycling trip in France in late June this year. Hope this link works - http://tinyurl.com/2wefv8

I'd like to say thanks Carl Brewer at ABOC Coaching (aka Bleve of course) for helping me get into reasonable shape for some very tough long climbs. All those pre-dawn 20 min E1 intervals at Murrarie crit circuit and the countless hours of Mt Coot-tha and Mt Gravatt reps certainly paid off.

Nothing out here comes close to climbing these mythical cols.

Next trip - the Dolomites (just don't tell the wife ... .... ...):D
Awesome! Did you go with any tour groups, or just do your own thing over there? We at looking at heading over to Europe for June/July next year and I'm looking at options for some similar riding.

Ash

a5hi5m said:
Awesome! Did you go with any tour groups, or just do your own thing over there? We at looking at heading over to Europe for June/July next year and I'm looking at options for some similar riding.

Ash
We didn't do any group tours at all.

In provence we stayed in Carpentras which is about 25 km to Bedoin where the ascent of Ventoux begins.

In the Alps we stayed in a ski village called Les Deux Alpes which is very central to all the climbs we did in that area. The only problem with that was we had an 8km climb at 7.5% to get back home at the end of the day - but we had a hire car so we drove to the foothills for most of the tough days where we were doing multiple cols (and thus drove back up the 8km climb)

We did a lot of research into rides and where to stay etc before we went. One really great site is www.grenoblecycling.com A wonderful resource and the forums are a great way to introduce yourself to others who live there / have been there and ask all your questions. You can lose yourself for hours on this site with all the forums and the photos.

The organised tour option has its benefits, but if you get just one ****** in your group ... ... ...

monsterman said:
We didn't do any group tours at all.

In provence we stayed in Carpentras which is about 25 km to Bedoin where the ascent of Ventoux begins.

In the Alps we stayed in a ski village called Les Deux Alpes which is very central to all the climbs we did in that area. The only problem with that was we had an 8km climb at 7.5% to get back home at the end of the day - but we had a hire car so we drove to the foothills for most of the tough days where we were doing multiple cols (and thus drove back up the 8km climb)

We did a lot of research into rides and where to stay etc before we went. One really great site is www.grenoblecycling.com A wonderful resource and the forums are a great way to introduce yourself to others who live there / have been there and ask all your questions. You can lose yourself for hours on this site with all the forums and the photos.

The organised tour option has its benefits, but if you get just one ****** in your group ... ... ...
Nice, had book marked that sight, but not looked too deep into yet.

Thanks again!
Ash

On Jul 30, 3:52 pm, [email protected] wrote:

> Wow, awesome. Looks like fantastic fun! I'd love to have a crack at
> cycle touring, think I might have to work my way up to what you did
> though.

You never know what you can achieve until you give it a go, and then
you'll be amazed.

a5hi5m wrote:
> monsterman Wrote:
>
>>I have finally got around to posting up a few pikkies from a cycling
>>trip in France in late June this year. Hope this link works -
>>*http://tinyurl.com/2wefv8*
>>
>>I'd like to say thanks Carl Brewer at ABOC Coaching (aka Bleve of
>>course) for helping me get into reasonable shape for some very tough
>>long climbs. All those pre-dawn 20 min E1 intervals at Murrarie crit
>>circuit and the countless hours of Mt Coot-tha and Mt Gravatt reps
>>certainly paid off.
>>
>>Nothing out here comes close to climbing these mythical cols.
>>
>>Next trip - the Dolomites (just don't tell the wife ... .... ...):D

>
> Awesome! Did you go with any tour groups, or just do your own thing
> over there? We at looking at heading over to Europe for June/July next
> year and I'm looking at options for some similar riding.
>
> Ash
>
>

This is a good starting point

http://www.ctctours.co.uk/

--
Remove norubbish to reply