Fresh Halibut Pasta

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Alzelt, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Alzelt

    Alzelt Guest

    When fresh halibut is in season in Seattle, I like to fix it
    many different ways. Tonight was pasta night. I grill a
    halibut fillet on the stove top, sprinkled with some cayenne
    pepper and oregano. When cooked, I placed it on a plate,
    keeping it warm in the oven.

    I then boiled up water for spaghetti. While it was cooking,
    I put some oil in the halibut skillet, added a couple of
    anchovies, allowing them to melt on low heat. When melted, I
    added some pasta sauce. In this case, Seeds of Change. To
    that, I added some capers and a quarter tsp of dried chili
    flakes. When heated through, I crumbled up the halibut into
    one inch cubes and mixed them into the sauce.

    After draining the pasta, I poured the sauce over the
    pasta. Yum.
    --
    Alan

    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the relig-
    ion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home."
    -- James Michener

    Tags:

  2. Limey

    Limey Guest

    "alzelt" wrote in message

    > When fresh halibut is in season in Seattle, I like to fix
    > it many different ways. Tonight was pasta night. I grill a
    > halibut fillet on the stove top, sprinkled with some
    > cayenne pepper and oregano. When cooked, I placed it on a
    > plate, keeping it warm in the oven.

    <recipe saved"
    > Alan

    Many thanks for the recipe. I love halibut but then, there
    are many fish that I enjoy. Unfortunately, around here
    things seem to have deteriorated to catfish, flounder,
    tilapia and Atlantic (farm-raised) salmon. I am a very long
    way from a genuine fish market. :-(

    Dora