Fresh Halibut Pasta

Alzelt

Guest
When fresh halibut is in season in Seattle, I like to fix it
many different ways. Tonight was pasta night. I grill a
halibut fillet on the stove top, sprinkled with some cayenne
pepper and oregano. When cooked, I placed it on a plate,
keeping it warm in the oven.

I then boiled up water for spaghetti. While it was cooking,
I put some oil in the halibut skillet, added a couple of
anchovies, allowing them to melt on low heat. When melted, I
added some pasta sauce. In this case, Seeds of Change. To
that, I added some capers and a quarter tsp of dried chili
flakes. When heated through, I crumbled up the halibut into
one inch cubes and mixed them into the sauce.

After draining the pasta, I poured the sauce over the
pasta. Yum.
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the relig-
ion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home."
-- James Michener

"alzelt" wrote in message

> When fresh halibut is in season in Seattle, I like to fix
> it many different ways. Tonight was pasta night. I grill a
> halibut fillet on the stove top, sprinkled with some
> cayenne pepper and oregano. When cooked, I placed it on a
> plate, keeping it warm in the oven.

<recipe saved"
> Alan

Many thanks for the recipe. I love halibut but then, there
are many fish that I enjoy. Unfortunately, around here
things seem to have deteriorated to catfish, flounder,
tilapia and Atlantic (farm-raised) salmon. I am a very long
way from a genuine fish market. :-(

Dora