Fresh Mozz - Lab Results

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba'S Jammin, Mar 13, 2004.

  1. Pictures just posted to my web page. Da Winnah Is. . . see
    for yourself. <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

    Tags:

  2. "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Pictures just posted to my web page. Da Winnah Is. . . see
    > for yourself. <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    > Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    > the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
    > rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

    Well, OK, I'll give the balsamic a try, but only because
    you've gone to so much trouble. (One-upper: Maybe I'll try
    my Banyuls.)

    Felice

  3. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > Pictures just posted to my web page. Da Winnah Is. . . see
    > for yourself. <www.jamlady.eboard.com>

    Thanks, Barb! I love a good fresh hunk o' mozz but never
    thought about splashing balsamic on it.

    Jill

  4. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Pictures just posted to my web page. Da Winnah Is. . .
    > > see for yourself. <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
    >
    > Thanks, Barb! I love a good fresh hunk o' mozz but never
    > thought about splashing balsamic on it.

    Oh, that's the best. Nice served on Melba (no pun intended)
    toast with the tomato and basil. Gotta have the balsamic.
    Maybe even a small drizzle of olive oil.

    nancy

  5. Puester

    Puester Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > Pictures just posted to my web page. Da Winnah Is. . .
    > > see for yourself. <www.jamlady.eboard.com>
    >
    > Thanks, Barb! I love a good fresh hunk o' mozz but never
    > thought about splashing balsamic on it.
    >
    > Jill

    If you do use vinegar of any kind on mozzarella, sprinkle it
    on just before eating/serving. Vinegar affects the proteins
    in mozzarella, making the texture turn very leathery, chewy
    and tough if it stands for very long. Have you ever
    experienced this if you put small cubes of mozz in a salad?

    gloria p