General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Fresh Sage & Dry: Equivalents?

Started by Al Fresco · · Last activity · 3 posts · 325 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 January 2005
Last activity
31 January 2005
Original author
Al Fresco
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
325
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
    instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

  2. On Mon 31 Jan 2005 08:58:26a, Al Fresco wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
    instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

    As with most fresh/dried herbs, 3/1.

    Wayne

  3. One time on Usenet said:

    If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
    instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

    I don't know about sage in particular, but I seem to recall that one
    tablespoon of fresh herbs equals one teaspoon of dried. Can anyone
    verify this?

    --
    J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
    "You still haven't explained why the pool is
    filled with elf blood." - Frylock, ATHF

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.