Freshly cut hawthorn - don't you just love it!

Mike_P

Guest
Or what's your most punctures in one ride? Or even one part of one ride?

Climbing from Bakewell to Chatsworth tonight, the farmer was just finishing
cutting both sides of his hawthorn hedge as we came past.

In 1/4 mile - I got 3 punctures, and my mate had 3. (We could probaby have
had more but we didn't see much point fixing them before the end of the
track, so we walked the final bit.)
While we were fixing them, somebody else came past pushing with both front
and rear both flat, and another pair of riders then stopped to get the
repair kit out as we were leaving.

--
Mike_P

"Mike_P" <[email protected]> writes:

>Or what's your most punctures in one ride? Or even one part of one ride?

Cycle touring in Denmark, box of drawing pins on the road.
When we stopped there was only 1 flat tyre between
the two of us, but then we realised that there were loads more which
didn't leak yet because the head of the pin was protecting the hole until
the head wore off. We stopped counting after a while.

Roos

Mike_P <[email protected]> wrote:

> Or what's your most punctures in one ride? Or even one part of one ride?

We were riding our Greenspeed tandem in the Mendips a few years back.
Front tyres were Slimed. Front left went flat owing to a slash from a
piece of quartz that the Slime couldn't cope with. When we replaced the
tube and checked the tyre there were 28 thorns in it......

--
Carol
"How fleeting are all human passions when compared to the massive

I believe that it is now law that anyone cutting a hedge has to tidy
up afterwards but I suppose if the farmer was still cutting the hedge
then he couldn't be blamed.