Freway Ebike ?do You Hear About That



Thomas axlance

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
11
2
3
I have retired for a certain period of time, just want to cycle around in my spare time, but the problem is that I have little knowledge about what sort of mountain bike I should choose. it's not enjoyable that cycling for a short distance trip, considering on my own age,I want to buy a eBike ,google that,the result shows me the Freway ,anyone can tell me about the brand?
 

gavinfree

Active Member
Feb 19, 2015
267
32
0
Considering that it was funded on Kickstarter, and deliveries don't begin until September, I'm going to assume that nobody has that much information to give you. The bike isn't out yet, but it should act like most pedal-assist eBikes. That's definitely convenient for when you're feeling a little tired, or you just want to go somewhere without having to pedal that much. It comes with a decent-sized battery, and it seems like a decent product, but nobody's going to know until it's actually released.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Thomas axlance

gavinfree

Active Member
Feb 19, 2015
267
32
0
I forgot to mention that it does come with some extra features not found with other eBikes. I like that it has some smart technology built into it. The Kickstarter backers only paid $499 for their Freways, although the bike is going to retail for $999 USD. I really wish I had known about that Kickstarter before it closed in July. That seems like a fantastic deal, assuming the company delivers on its promises with the final product. Of course, we all know that sometimes Kickstarter campaigns are run by morons or scammers.
 

Corzhens

Well-Known Member
May 26, 2015
1,287
252
63
We have no Freway e-bikes here but I like your idea of using an e-bike since you are already retired. Now I am thinking of the same since I had stopped biking for many months already due to an undefined swelling in my leg. It is the muscle but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong although he could see and touch the swelling. But anyway, I am not allowed to push the pedal because of that. What about if I ride an e-bike? That's a swell idea, isn't it?
 

gavinfree

Active Member
Feb 19, 2015
267
32
0
Corzhens said:
We have no Freway e-bikes here but I like your idea of using an e-bike since you are already retired. Now I am thinking of the same since I had stopped biking for many months already due to an undefined swelling in my leg. It is the muscle but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong although he could see and touch the swelling. But anyway, I am not allowed to push the pedal because of that. What about if I ride an e-bike? That's a swell idea, isn't it?
As I previously mentioned, the Freway bike hasn't shipped to Kickstarter backers, so OBVIOUSLY it's not in your area yet. They're in nobody's area as of right now because you have to wait until next month before the first units start shipping. An e-bike is good if you can't pedal, but they can only go so far before the battery pack depletes and you're forced to pedal.
 

Thomas axlance

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
11
2
3
Corzhens said:
We have no Freway e-bikes here but I like your idea of using an e-bike since you are already retired. Now I am thinking of the same since I had stopped biking for many months already due to an undefined swelling in my leg. It is the muscle but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong although he could see and touch the swelling. But anyway, I am not allowed to push the pedal because of that. What about if I ride an e-bike? That's a swell idea, isn't it?
maybe you are right
 

Thomas axlance

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
11
2
3
gavinfree said:
Considering that it was funded on Kickstarter, and deliveries don't begin until September, I'm going to assume that nobody has that much information to give you. The bike isn't out yet, but it should act like most pedal-assist eBikes. That's definitely convenient for when you're feeling a little tired, or you just want to go somewhere without having to pedal that much. It comes with a decent-sized battery, and it seems like a decent product, but nobody's going to know until it's actually released.
yesh, the information on the website mosrly refer t othe kickstarter,and some articles aobut its performance,I just want to know that in detail
 

Oliver Jeff

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
15
4
3
Corzhens said:
We have no Freway e-bikes here but I like your idea of using an e-bike since you are already retired. Now I am thinking of the same since I had stopped biking for many months already due to an undefined swelling in my leg. It is the muscle but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong although he could see and touch the swelling. But anyway, I am not allowed to push the pedal because of that. What about if I ride an e-bike? That's a swell idea, isn't it?
as far as I know,the eBike means pushing the pedal, the legs must to work with the pedaal assistant system to control the bike
 

jenny james

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
12
2
3
I have heard about it ,a few days ago ,the information shows that the price it costs just only 499USD,can not it possible?
 

gavinfree

Active Member
Feb 19, 2015
267
32
0
Thomas axlance said:
yesh, the information on the website mosrly refer t othe kickstarter,and some articles aobut its performance,I just want to know that in detail
Like I already said, all of the information is available on the Freway website, including some specific, detailed information. All you have to do is take five seconds to go to the website and poke around for that information. Reviewers are going to get their hands on the Freway soon enough at which point they'll test these bikes to determine whether they live up to the manufacturer's claims. I'm not sold on the Freway as the website doesn't look that great, and there are some major promises being made for a bike that costs way less than the competition in some cases.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jenny james

jenny james

New Member
Aug 18, 2015
12
2
3
jenny james said:
I have heard about it ,a few days ago ,the information shows that the price it costs just only 499USD,can not it possible?
no,that cannot be ,the price has been changed into 1199USD, evene though the rise of the price, it still in the lower level than other electric bike, you can figure it out yourself