New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.

Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at whim.

cfsmtb wrote:
> Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
> Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.
>
> Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
> whim.

You had me completely confused till I realised squid filters were working.

DaveB

On 2007-06-29, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> cfsmtb wrote:
>> Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
>> Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.
>>
>> Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
>> whim.

> You had me completely confused till I realised squid filters were working.

Just have to periodically check that the filters aren't blocked, and
to clean out the pureed and rotten squid gunk when necessary.

We discovered filters in our air con and heaters at work the other
day, that haven't been known about for at least 10 years, and
consequently have been cleaned for the first time in at least 10
years. And now the electronics lab is no longer 13 degrees.

--
TimC
Being certified means I can legally be employed as a chain-sawyer. That means

On 2007-06-29, TimC <[email protected]> wrote:
> We discovered filters in our air con and heaters at work the other
> day, that haven't been known about for at least 10 years, and
> consequently have been cleaned for the first time in at least 10
> years. And now the electronics lab is no longer 13 degrees.

Reminds me of my travels through Canada. Doing laundry at a laundromat
was an experience ... especially the first couple of times, when the
dryers didn't do their job.

Then I discovered the lint filters.

Can you say "felt"? To be precise, most of the dryers hadn't had the
lint filters cleaned in *years*, and the lint had built up, forming a
layer of felt. Quick removal of this layer, and they worked *much* more
effectively.

*shakes head*

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> Reminds me of my travels through Canada. Doing laundry at a laundromat
> was an experience ... especially the first couple of times, when the
> dryers didn't do their job.
>
> Then I discovered the lint filters.
>
> Can you say "felt"? To be precise, most of the dryers hadn't had the
> lint filters cleaned in *years*, and the lint had built up, forming a
> layer of felt. Quick removal of this layer, and they worked *much*
> more effectively.

Damnit Stuart, the owners were making good money with those lint filters.

Theo

On 2007-06-29, Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>> Can you say "felt"? To be precise, most of the dryers hadn't had the
>> lint filters cleaned in *years*, and the lint had built up, forming a
>> layer of felt. Quick removal of this layer, and they worked *much*
>> more effectively.

> Damnit Stuart, the owners were making good money with those lint filters.

Do I look like I care? :)

On Jun 29, 1:30 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2sx...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
> Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.
>
> Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
> whim.
>
> --
> cfsmtb

Still might be time to get Tam to run a hit.

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
> Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.
>
> Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
> whim.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

I was enjoying a bit of a break from my Wednesday morning ride at the 100 km
mark eating a banana and some aldi muesli bars at the PB wreck.

I guess I do sort of look like a giant squid :p

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
> Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.
>
> Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
> whim.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

He seems to be more profane and less coherent than the last time he
surfaced. Possibly a case of over hastiness - nitogen narcosis is nasty.

On Jun 27, 12:19 am, fred_kneeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> cfsmtb wrote:
> > Giant Squid spotted near the a.b **** deck, probably stirred up by the
> > Pasha Bulker refloat attempt.

> > Seems to be thrashing around in it's final death throes. Ignore at
> > whim.

> Incorrect apostrophe use. Should read "Seems to be thrashing around in
> its final death throes."
> Hello from Brisbane.
> fred aka pete

Fred, moite, long time no hear.

Fix your clock, as you've kicked this thread three days in the past.

Although that *could* be a deliberate temporal shift ploy to avoid the
Squid. ;)

BTW what do you think about Spicks and Specks/RockWiz plagarising our
tried & true a.b quiz formula?

Should we consider class action?