Friend needs lawyer

EuanB

Jan 11, 2005
About a year ago my mate at work got doored heading to Frankston on Nepean. Details were exchanged and driver made promise to compensate for damage however since then hasn't returend calls.

He suffered pretty severe bruising, damage to clothing, helmet and bike. Of more concern lately though is that his ankle is really giving him jip and it's affecting his knee as well.

He suspects that he's suffered a stress fracture and it's healed bad. I reckon he needs legal advice to walk him through the whole process.

He's got two witnesses, a cyclist who was with him at the time and driver who nearly ran him over as a result of gettiing doored. He's got the contact details of both.

Can anyone reccomend a firm or individual they've had success with or alternatively a course of action that's worked for them?

On 2005-10-24, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can anyone reccomend a firm or individual they've had success with or
> alternatively a course of action that's worked for them?

Probably his best bet is to take out BV membership, and work with their
"free" legal service. They'll have dealt with a great many similar cases
in the past.

Good luck.

--
My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

Assuming he didnt report to Police etc...

Get him to contact TAC first, with witness details etc
The police will take the report more seriously if coming form then than 12 months later from an individual. With TAC you have a 2year period to claim.
If he's a BV member get him to contact BV. They and their lawyers (MauriceBlackburnCashman) sorted my submission to Council over my pothole incident nicely.
PS he might wanna phone the ***** again, this time letting him know you are speaking to the Police and a lawyer. 'Watch **** run' =)

EuanB said:
About a year ago my mate at work got doored heading to Frankston on Nepean. Details were exchanged and driver made promise to compensate for damage however since then hasn't returend calls.

He suffered pretty severe bruising, damage to clothing, helmet and bike. Of more concern lately though is that his ankle is really giving him jip and it's affecting his knee as well.

He suspects that he's suffered a stress fracture and it's healed bad. I reckon he needs legal advice to walk him through the whole process.

He's got two witnesses, a cyclist who was with him at the time and driver who nearly ran him over as a result of gettiing doored. He's got the contact details of both.

Can anyone reccomend a firm or individual they've had success with or alternatively a course of action that's worked for them?

Has he sent a written clain to the driver?

A nicely worded letter can be more effective than a phone call.

On 2005-10-24, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>
> Assuming he didnt report to Police etc...
>
> Get him to contact TAC first, with witness details etc
> The police will take the report more seriously if coming form then than
> 12 months later from an individual. With TAC you have a 2year period to
> claim.

I thought it was 1 year?

One of the time limits of relevance is 1 year, anyway...

--
TimC
> So, what do *you* do for a living?

I sit in a chair, pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders

TimC said:
I thought it was 1 year?

One of the time limits of relevance is 1 year, anyway...

1 year may be relevant to accident claim but injury claim is definetly 2 years.
I'm desperately pretending my shoulder isnt giving me the irrits but I'll lprobably give in next winter and have the op again :( The 2 year period has given me the option of trying to fix it 'altenatively' or as at present, lying to myself :rolleyes: