Friends don't let friends . . .

kopride

May 17, 2006
. . . wear the full Gerolsteiner team riding outfit. Unless your buddy has a body fat % of less than 6%, you should not let him wear this outfit in public. Any male over the age of 6 should not wear baby blue, particularly baby blue spandex. It is just scary. I rode alongside a 200+ pounder wearing that outfit on a recent ride. I haven't seen so much baby blue on a male since a formal I attended in 1977.

Feel free to expand this thread along the same theme. Stuff we should be just telling our riding buddies to avoid to prevent injury or embarassment to themselves or others.

kopride said:
I haven't seen so much baby blue on a male since a formal I attended in 1977.
Obviously, you have never been to a UNC football game;).

The worst offenders are those who ride in full matching team outfits and even the same brand bikes of their favourite pro.

You hardcore LA supporters know who I'm talking about.....I've seen way too many Disco "pros" roaming the countryside around my area. The true hardcore even has Disco splashed across their socks, gloves, water bottle, helmets, etc. The best is one dude with a Disco tattoo - alovely life long momento if it's real.

Nothing wrong with this I suppose, everyone's got their own thing.....

RickF said:
Obviously, you have never been to a UNC football game;).
No, but I have been to UNC basketball games (including a few memorable ones as a Villanova student and alum in the eighties). Suffice it to say, that powder blue as a sweatshirt or b-ball jersey is on a different order than a full powder blue spandex outfit. I also attended a UNC graduation and the crowd of beautiful blonde coeds in Carolina blue made me think that I had died and was literally seeing angels. Now, your reference to UNC in connection with the Gerolsteiner outfit has totally wrecked one of my most treasured memories, which included using my Big East charm to seduce one of those lovely ladies at a Chapel Hill bar in the early eighties. She had a powder blue UNC bedspread back at her sorority house, which matched her powder blue undies. Ahh. . . h --the only proper use of that color. The male creatins at UNC are truly not worthy for the female angels that inhabit that school.

kopride said:
The male creatins at UNC are truly not worthy for the female angels that inhabit that school.
As a Kentucky alumnus and the father of one of those female angles who inhabits UNC, I must agree with you.

RickF said:
As a Kentucky alumnus and the father of one of those female angles who inhabits UNC, I must agree with you.
Ahh. the other wildcats in the lesser conference. One of my most fond memories was the 1985 NCAA tourney. In any event, .... time passes, the UNC angel I met in the eighties could very well be a mother of one of the current students. I am sure a current UNC coed would be able to see straight through a sharp talking guy from a big east school. Great school, you must be very proud.