Friends

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Guy, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Guy

    Guy Guest

    I will never or have never lied for a friend. I do cut them a little slack. Because I am doing them
    no favor by covering unacceptable things. I have lost a lot of associates in the past years. I pull
    no punches in my later evaluation of them.

    A person makes his own record in this world. I think they should live and die with it.

    I have heard certain names for years. I see no harm in discussing it relative to diabetes. That is
    not wrong unless the stories are a bunch of dreamed up crap. I am aware of several that served
    prison terms because a "friend" accepted their actions. Guy

    Tags:

  2. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I will never or have never lied for a friend. I do cut
    > them a little slack. Because I am doing them no favor by
    > covering unacceptable things. I have lost a lot of
    > associates in the past years. I pull no punches in my
    > later evaluation of them.
    >
    > A person makes his own record in this world. I think they
    > should live and die with it.
    >
    > I have heard certain names for years. I see no harm in
    > discussing it relative to diabetes. That is not wrong
    > unless the stories are a bunch of dreamed up crap. I am
    > aware of several that served prison terms because a
    > "friend" accepted their actions.

    This one's a little TOO vague Guy. What are you referring to
    (if anything specific)

    Beav
    > Guy

  3. Guy

    Guy Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 00:39:23 -0000, "Beav"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> I will never or have never lied for a friend. I do cut
    >> them a little slack. Because I am doing them no favor by
    >> covering unacceptable things. I have lost a lot of
    >> associates in the past years. I pull no punches in my
    >> later evaluation of them.
    >>
    >> A person makes his own record in this world. I think they
    >> should live and die with it.
    >>
    >> I have heard certain names for years. I see no harm in
    >> discussing it relative to diabetes. That is not wrong
    >> unless the stories are a bunch of dreamed up crap. I am
    >> aware of several that served prison terms because a
    >> "friend" accepted their actions.
    >
    >This one's a little TOO vague Guy. What are you referring
    >to (if anything specific)
    >
    >Beav
    >> Guy
    I am one that does not cut slack for the dead. Their record
    srtands--the good and bad.. It was relative to the
    discussion of Mr. Groves and criticism of parties the posted
    about him. As long as the post is true it is proper in my
    book. Keep a clean record and feel that when you are on the
    decline you owe no apologies. Someone will find fault after
    you are dead anyway. I am only vaguely aware of Mr. Groves,
    however I might miss you.

  4. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 00:39:23 -0000, "Beav"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > >> I will never or have never lied for a friend. I do cut
    > >> them a little slack. Because I am doing them no favor
    > >> by covering unacceptable things. I have lost a lot of
    > >> associates in the past years. I pull no punches in my
    > >> later evaluation of them.
    > >>
    > >> A person makes his own record in this world. I think
    > >> they should live and die with it.
    > >>
    > >> I have heard certain names for years. I see no harm in
    > >> discussing it relative to diabetes. That is not wrong
    > >> unless the stories are a bunch of dreamed up crap. I am
    > >> aware of several that served prison terms because a
    > >> "friend" accepted their actions.
    > >
    > >This one's a little TOO vague Guy. What are you referring
    > >to (if anything specific)
    > >
    > >Beav
    > >> Guy
    > I am one that does not cut slack for the dead. Their
    > record srtands--the good and bad.. It was relative to the
    > discussion of Mr. Groves and criticism of parties the
    > posted about him.

    Ahh, got you. And I agree with you.

    As long as the post is true it is
    > proper in my book. Keep a clean record and feel that when
    > you are on the decline you owe no apologies. Someone will
    > find fault after you are dead anyway.

    Indeed they will, and in general, it doesn't take very long.

    I am only vaguely aware of Mr. Groves,

    Me and Mr Groves came head to head a few years ago. Not over
    his quest to see the continued supply of beef insulin, but
    over his plea for all us diabetics to help free a bloke from
    jail who was IN jail because he killed a pedestrian in his
    car when he hypo'd off the road. After the whole story came
    out (the bloke had injected for food, but didn't EAT the
    food, instead he went out in his car. That to me was
    irresponsible and not a "diabetic" problem per se, it was
    simply a bad decision. I had no sympathy whatsoever for the
    driver, so I wouldn't support DG in his drive to get the
    fellow out of jail. That was basically the beginning of "the
    rot" setting in between the two of us, but I STILL say my
    thoughts on the matter where the right thoughts.

    Tarring a whole community with the same brush (diabetics are
    dangerous drivers) wasn't going to help ANY of the millions
    of diabetics who DON'T drive when they should be eating.

    however
    > I might miss you.

    Well thank you, and I KNOW I'd miss YOU.

    Beav