Frogs or Bebops

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Simon Painter, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. I'm going to try one of these free float pedals after Christmas and was wondering if anybody had
    any comments on either design. I read a review of Speedplay Frogs that said that the cleats and
    pedals were prone to wear out quite quickly. Has anyone found this to be true? How do Bebops fair
    in this area?

    They are both fairly costly options so I want to be sure that I'm getting the right ones. Having
    said that if they help my niggling knee problems the cost will be well worth it.

    Thanks for you help

    Simon

    Tags:

  2. Kk

    Kk Guest

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> I hated Frogs ... I found them slippery and they disconnected without warning. Others love[/q1]
    [q1]> them though[/q1]

    Yes, I agree. I had many unscheduled clip-outs with Frog pedals.

    I have 3 pairs of BeBop's and LOVE them! Great pedals for any application, especially recumbents.
    They have a huge cleat "pocket" and the easiest clip-in of any pedal I've tried. I can't think of
    any pedal that I'd rather have for a recumbent.

    [q1]> For me, EggBeaters at $60 are a better deal. Plenty of float for me and easy to get in and out.[/q1]

    These do look very nice. If I wasn't so standardized on BeBop's, I'd give 'em a try. I might still
    get a pair while they're cheap. Great design.

    Barry