Frogs & Sandals?

chrome frame

Jan 9, 2004
Anyone using frongs with sandals. I've heard that the cleat it too thick and doesn't have good clearance for walking. Also, that the toe might be too wide for clicking out. Please share experiences. Thanks in advance!

chrome frame said:
Anyone using frongs with sandals. I've heard that the
cleat it too thick and doesn't have good clearance for walking. Also, that the toe might be too wide for clicking out. Please share experiences. Thanks in advance!
I will let you know in 2 weeks.

I had my lbs order me a pair of Sandals and a new pair of Frogs for my Recumbent tandem.

chrome frame said:
Anyone using frongs with sandals. I've heard that the cleat it too thick and doesn't have good clearance for walking. Also, that the toe might be too wide for clicking out. Please share experiences. Thanks in advance!

I've been using Frogs with Shimano sandals for a few years now. I wear my SIDI Dominator 5's when it is less than 80° and not very humid, otherwise the sandals are they way to go. They are quite stiff, allow my feet to breathe on hot days, and click in and out with ease. Not quite as stiff as the SIDI's, but quite acceptable.