Frogs Threaten To Kill Lance

Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.

BroJack
________

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html

Armstrong receives death threats
From correspondents in Besancon, France
July 24, 2004

SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.

"There were threats against Lance Armstrong and we took these into
account," said Leblanc, without giving details of the threats.

Hundreds of thousands of spectators lined the 15.5km climb up the
legendary Alpe d'Huez on Wednesday to see Armstrong move closer to a
record sixth Tour de France title.

However, on several occasions, some riders came under verbal attack
from the more boisterous sections of the crowd.

Armstrong said after winning the time trial that some of the things he
had heard had been "disgusting".

Leblanc said that Armstrong had been notified of the threats before
the time trial and the race director said he could understand why the
American had felt uneasy during the climb.

"I can understand why Armstrong said the stage had made him feel
uneasy," added Leblanc. "Now we know why. He had good reason to fear
for his security.

[...]

It sure LOOKED like security was beefed up and they were keeping
potential attackers away!

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

BroJack writes:

> Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.

I couldn't find the part of the article you quoted where the origin of the threat was identified. Could you point it out?

It should also be noted that the official statement meantioned threats, but not death threats.

Thank you.

[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
>
> BroJack
> ________
>
> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
>
> Armstrong receives death threats
> From correspondents in Besancon, France
> July 24, 2004
>
> SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
> Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
> stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.
>
> "There were threats against Lance Armstrong and we took these into
> account," said Leblanc, without giving details of the threats.
>
> Hundreds of thousands of spectators lined the 15.5km climb up the
> legendary Alpe d'Huez on Wednesday to see Armstrong move closer to a
> record sixth Tour de France title.
>
> However, on several occasions, some riders came under verbal attack
> from the more boisterous sections of the crowd.
>
> Armstrong said after winning the time trial that some of the things he
> had heard had been "disgusting".
>
> Leblanc said that Armstrong had been notified of the threats before
> the time trial and the race director said he could understand why the
> American had felt uneasy during the climb.
>
> "I can understand why Armstrong said the stage had made him feel
> uneasy," added Leblanc. "Now we know why. He had good reason to fear
> for his security.
>
> [...]

Don't worry! While they're spitting on him, he's shitting on them!

[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
>
> BroJack
> ________
>
> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
>
> Armstrong receives death threats
> From correspondents in Besancon, France
> July 24, 2004
>
> SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
> Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
> stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.
>
> "There were threats against Lance Armstrong and we took these into
> account," said Leblanc, without giving details of the threats.
>
> Hundreds of thousands of spectators lined the 15.5km climb up the
> legendary Alpe d'Huez on Wednesday to see Armstrong move closer to a
> record sixth Tour de France title.
>
> However, on several occasions, some riders came under verbal attack
> from the more boisterous sections of the crowd.
>
> Armstrong said after winning the time trial that some of the things he
> had heard had been "disgusting".
>
> Leblanc said that Armstrong had been notified of the threats before
> the time trial and the race director said he could understand why the
> American had felt uneasy during the climb.
>
> "I can understand why Armstrong said the stage had made him feel
> uneasy," added Leblanc. "Now we know why. He had good reason to fear
> for his security.
>
> [...]

so what happened? why didn't they kill him?

What kind of frogs??
The little ones that wander into my garden can barely kill a fly let
alone a full grown man,I think you have this wrong,sorry.

--

"The Dude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What kind of frogs??
> The little ones that wander into my garden can barely kill a fly let
> alone a full grown man,I think you have this wrong,sorry.

Yeah, but there are some nasty toads out there. If you can't tell the
difference...

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:00:40 -0500, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yeah, but there are some nasty toads out there. If you can't tell the
>difference...

Hiding in the bush, presumably?
Living in a bush contaminated country, you would know.

**** Expunged:

Haaa, French can't kill nothing. That's why their yeller.

--
MoParMaN-
-Remove Clothes To Reply!

On 24 Jul 2004 07:51:38 -0700, [email protected]
([email protected]) wrote:

>Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
>
>BroJack
>________
>
>http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
>
>Armstrong receives death threats
>From correspondents in Besancon, France
>July 24, 2004
>
>SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
>Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
>stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.

Man, I tell you. This is COOL! They don't want to help fight a war,
but oh gee, they want to KILL an AMERICAN because he's kicking their
collective asses!

Now this is ****ing FUNNY!

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> "The Dude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>What kind of frogs??
>>The little ones that wander into my garden can barely kill a fly let
>>alone a full grown man,I think you have this wrong,sorry.
>>

> Yeah, but there are some nasty toads out there. If you can't tell the
> difference...

Which are the ones with "LSD" on them??

--

"Gene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 24 Jul 2004 07:51:38 -0700, [email protected]
> ([email protected]) wrote:
>
> >Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
> >
> >BroJack
> >________
> >
> >http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
> >
> >Armstrong receives death threats
> >From correspondents in Besancon, France
> >July 24, 2004
> >
> >SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
> >Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
> >stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.
> >

> Man, I tell you. This is COOL! They don't want to help fight a war,
> but oh gee, they want to KILL an AMERICAN because he's kicking their
> collective asses!
>
> Now this is ****ing FUNNY!

They'll probably blame this on their Muslim problem also.

Yo don't read much, do you? Lance said it was germans cussing and
spitting on him.

[email protected] wrote:

> Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
>
> BroJack
> ________
>
> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
>
> Armstrong receives death threats
> From correspondents in Besancon, France
> July 24, 2004
>
> SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
> Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
> stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.
>
> "There were threats against Lance Armstrong and we took these into
> account," said Leblanc, without giving details of the threats.
>
> Hundreds of thousands of spectators lined the 15.5km climb up the
> legendary Alpe d'Huez on Wednesday to see Armstrong move closer to a
> record sixth Tour de France title.
>
> However, on several occasions, some riders came under verbal attack
> from the more boisterous sections of the crowd.
>
> Armstrong said after winning the time trial that some of the things he
> had heard had been "disgusting".
>
> Leblanc said that Armstrong had been notified of the threats before
> the time trial and the race director said he could understand why the
> American had felt uneasy during the climb.
>
> "I can understand why Armstrong said the stage had made him feel
> uneasy," added Leblanc. "Now we know why. He had good reason to fear
> for his security.
>
> [...]

On 24 Jul 2004 19:00:19 EDT, Richard Adams <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Yo don't read much, do you? Lance said it was germans cussing and
>spitting on him.

And just where did you get that info?

The story only mentions threats and that Lance heard some
"disgusting" words.

Nothing about some kraut spitting...Not that I'd be surprised,
french usually fart.

A top-posting buffoon named "Richard Adams" loudy squealed...

> Yo don't read much, do you? Lance said it was germans cussing and
> spitting on him.

LOL! So the french aren't even brave enough to do THAT right.

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yo don't read much, do you? Lance said it was germans cussing and
> spitting on him.

Have you ever seen a neo-con redneck bothering about what is true? Lies,
that's all they can produce. And pathetic ones. Seems they wouldn't exist
out of their blatant xenophobia.

Euro

In article <[email protected]>,
Gene <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2004 19:00:19 EDT, Richard Adams <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Yo don't read much, do you? Lance said it was germans cussing and
> >spitting on him.
> >

> And just where did you get that info?

From some real cycling news sources, as opposed to skimming an article
by Fox. Try this, for starters:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/tour04/?id=results/stage16

> The story only mentions threats and that Lance heard some
> "disgusting" words.
>
> Nothing about some kraut spitting...Not that I'd be surprised,
> french usually fart.

YEW ESS AAAYY! YEW ESS AAYY! YEW ESS AAAYY! (times infinity...)

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

wrote:

>Yet another reason to despise the slimy, pro-terrorist French.
>
>BroJack
>________
>
>http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,10239408-23218,00.html
>
>Armstrong receives death threats
>From correspondents in Besancon, France
>July 24, 2004
>
>SECURITY was stepped up to protect Tour de France race leader Lance
>Armstrong after the American received threats before the Alpe d'Huez
>stage midweek, race director Jean-Marie Leblanc revealed today.

If that's what security looks like to the French, I am afraid.

The ride through Paris tomorrow is the fattest terrorist target we'll see, and
the promoters think that having nut-job fans within spitting distance is secure.

Yikes.

Ron