From Singapore

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by synergyms, Oct 10, 2004.

1. synergyms

synergyms New Member

im an age group Ironman triathlete who raced in Taupo in 2002 and Forster-Tuncurry in 2003. Apart from the excellent race course, scenary and fabulous people, there's one thing I realised... certain bike stuff are extremely expensive!

Im not sure if you guys are keen, plus the tax and shipping, but is it not worthwhile getting stuff from South East Asia?

Im not trying to put a wrong classified thread in this posting, but would you guys be keen in good buys from my end?

I personally think here in Singapore, the following are CHEAP!
    1) Giant Frames
    2) Colnago Frames
    3) Shimano Groupsets
    4) Zipp wheelsets
    5) American Classic wheelsets
    6) OEM carbon frames
    7) SIDI shoes

well I think its only ethical if you emailed or PM me.

just my two cents worth. thanks. ;)

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

Does anyone have any links to bike shops in Sngapore? anyone shopped personally in Singapore? Shop location?

3. copwatch

copwatch New Member

I lived for years in Singapore - in fact, still own a condo we rent out on Meyer road near east coast. I cycled extensively, both mountain (Bukit Timah, Pulau Ubin, Malaysia and Bintan) and road (all over Singapore and accross the causeways to Malaysia. Visited several bike shops, but did by far the most business at Soon Wat, also known as Boon Bike supply, They're at 488 Changi Roadm just across from the MRT station.

I first started dealilng with them in 1995. They were friendly, knowledgeable and scrupiosly honest. They're just really good people, the whole family. They treat locals and ex-pats wonderfully and their prices are competitive. I bought several mountain and road bikes from them.
    I agree, Giant seems to be the best deal there, and they have some excellent bikes.

4. synergyms

synergyms New Member

I will be in Sydney in 25th Nov, in Wollongong from 26 to 30th Nov and back in Sydney again on the 1st Dec.

My collegue and I are able to hand carry some high quality carbon wheelsets at great prices, with no VAT and S/H charges.

If any of you are keen, please email us at [email protected] soonest. We hope to finalise orders by 22nd Nov

Regards